Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::: European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan .:::. Best Frags & Finest Movements since Jan. 2009 :::.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

Nexuiz Minsta League

Go down 
+17
KRILL
KojaK
Mirio
Kringel
Ravage
evilsoul
od@r
vectoralpha
Lady Doom
-maniac|Su-
Thalan
Bommel
Banshee
N4t4s
lost
painless
Growl
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Ravage

Ravage

Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:43 pm

mappool is good without Chronic Wink
nexdmlc1 is better

Last edited by Ravage on Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lady Doom
Side Admin
Lady Doom

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:00 am

about power ups - no way it's not fair!! what if one person will respawn all the time in place where pups are and other not? extra life plus invis? lol and own this person go on. If someone is not sure about this plz start poll to vote.
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:19 am

What map is trans?

I like the mappool now.

Exception: Basement...too small for me

Chronic isn't a must have, but i am ok with it.
Back to top Go down
evilsoul

evilsoul

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:21 am

off-Topic:

If you are scared of someone you surely will loose against him! Just because you concentrate on how he will frag you the next time not vice versa. And this psychological effect is imho pats biggest weapon! He has made himself a name!

last time i've played pat i won 3 out of 8 against him (on an SVN server of course), thats a HUGE difference to his ~15 sprees he has on me on 2.4.2!

@Growl: Where are you on that versus pat list? huh? HUH?

@Thalan: SPY! :*

@painless: everyone has beaten pat once in a while ..

@Lady and Banshee: What OS are you using? Try to enable a QoS Shedeuler, that halfs your bandwith.(It reserves a percantage ammount of banwidth). I know that your ping wont be that good then, but atleast you 2 would have the same pings!Just an idea ..
Linux: No idea about this, just googeled arround and found this!
Win:
Log on as Administrator, not as a user with Administrator privileges.
[Start] [Run] - Type gpedit.msc
Left Window Pane
[Local Computer Policy]
[Administrative Templates]
[Network]
[QoS Packet Scheduler]
Right Window Pane
Double click [Limit Reservable Bandwidth]
Check [Enabled]
Change [Bandwidth Limit Percentage] to fifty (50)
Click [Apply] [OK]
Restart Windows XP

Remember this will HALF your bandwith!

on-Topic:

About the "unfair" powerups: Everyone has the same chance to get them .. to spwan right next to them .. to hide if the other one is invis .. to camp the extra lifes .. be fast and you could have the unfair advantage!
This is called map controll.. and its THE tactic to win! Ever watched ESL matches?
And once again: The modded mod of instagib in Nexuiz simply HAS powerups .. dont bother Thalan with that .. go back in time before 1.5 came out and complain then/there!

There cant be a pefect mapcycle for everyone .. everyone has his yeah-yeah's and no-no's. Im a huge fan of Bloodprison .. its not there .. i dont care .. you should do too.

Its a tournament for EVERYONE not just for your ego's!(you can hate me for that if you want too)

May the peace be with you!
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:59 am

I didn't made the list, Painless did.

I have no problem challenging Pat in the first round.

About map-control: you are right, that thats the key to win a 1on1, but till now 1on1 in minsta were rarely played and 2 extralifes don't last long in normal minsta DM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 2:10 am

1.Spohst
2.Feonika
3.Evilsoul
4.Painless Wink
5.PaT
6.Xone
7.who is X10?

And thats the problem I've been discussing. I don't care which one of us gets Pat, We'd be out and pretty much suffer for the rest of it knowing we are better than 90% of the people in it.

Your solution to this problem is?

We were asked to rate ourselves, Now compared to pat I'm a 2, I'd say Painless would have to be a 1.5. Sphost maybe a 4 Xone would be a 3.5, X10 would be a 5.

Sad reality is pat molests everyone heavily. I may have beaten him once or twice that makes me extremely lucky that is all. Honestly and no offense intended but I think we're all pretty crap at nexuiz. and crap is actually not that bad at nexuiz but pat is epic.

Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 610x
These guys can help Ravage and the competition Razz

For the record I don't have a problem facing anyone good as long as it's not done by a skill system which automatically puts me and my opponent in danger.

In a serious environment a Skill system should be used like CoD4 where it matches your 1 v 1's to bad players so it teaches them to get better? Is that any fairer than being put in danger of going out immediately? Eh probably not while it's a lot more fun for me. It's not right to do that either.

We should really just see what the community thinks and just use some democracy and put it to a vote. Even though I've seen people do the wrong things at votes I think this one may actually be a little different.

Thats of course if Thalan wants to get the community decide to play in something they are comfortable with. Smile

For the record also I agree with Lady, Powerups are evil for 1 v 1
Back to top Go down
KRILL

PostSubject: I'm interested   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:33 am

Hi i'm interested. How can i register.... im lost on this website....... should i send an email ?
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:39 am

Hey KRILL,

welcome to the forum and tournament Smile

Here is your link >>>>https://prophets.aforumfree.com/news-f4/registration-t120.htm
Back to top Go down
KojaK

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 5:27 am

You should check out the recent EU and NA 1on1 tournament system, that seperated the players by skill at first, top seed and 2nd seed were in a different half of the draw so that they wouldn't play each other (if they both won there games) till the winner bracket final, anyway it's here if you want to take a look.

http://planetnexuiz.com/tourney/?sid=6
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 5:49 am

Even so. How is that fair for people who are not at the top?

Bottom line is skill systems suit no one except the skilled. At least that one anyway. I also notice you won, So it helps you to take out the skilled players and leave yourself with the n00bs. Like I did say somewhere else. This kind of rating system can be used to gain unfair advantages over other players.

This one here just sounds too n00b friendly and attacks the skilled.

My proposal would be this a few groups of 4 have a match, the ones finishing 1st would face each other, the ones finishing 2nd, would face each other, the ones finishing 3rd would and 4th.

Thats about the only way you can create a decent skill system but even then it punishes people for finishing first and being good.

Skill systems are a no go zone for equality. So obviously regardless of anyones opinion skill systems are indeed a punishment. Of course if you find a reason to why they are not then say it. But I really don't see any plausable reason to why they are good.

Once again, I call for Thalan to do the right thing and ask the community to decide.
Back to top Go down
Thalan

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 6:17 am

Feo, no more criticism until you know the system please Wink , what you do is complaining about things which are totally clear already for me, this system is used since a lot of time and it was always the right thing. Trust me.

Greetings, Thalan

Last edited by Thalan on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sounds a little harsh maybe)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 6:31 am

Well I'm not taking part in any prejudice. I can't be a part of someones downfall.

Count me out along with Mirio.

and out of the future clan stuff. My trust in you is at 0%
Back to top Go down
Thalan

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:18 am

Well, finally I cannot understand what you mean, a tournament system is the fundamental thing of a tournament, if you have a non-working system you don't even have to dare to think about organizing a tournament. I think you have a wrong view of my work within that system. Who ever said that the best people will meet in the first rounds, who ever said that it is not randomly chosen - no one did, you do not know how the tournament system I chose works like and you will not know until you see the schedule. Every tournament has some kind of skill system, see the soccer championships, where the worse teams get in a group with one good team etc. etc. I could tell you the used system in this tournament, but that is unnecessary and would take too much time, which I could invest otherwise in the tournament.
As I said above, a system is the most important thing in a tournament, it should not be changed because else the whole planning must be changed which would take too much time which I do not have been given. Also, the community would not be able to produce such kind of complex system in a short amount of time, or would you? I doubt that. It is hard to produce something like that, even if you have lots of experience and if you do not have a "tunnel vision" for the essential things you will not be able to get such a tournament going. I hope you understand how I mean this.

Regards, Thalan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:33 am

Like I said last post, "I'm not given much time" I'm not interested in discussing it further until I am proven wrong. Until then You have your opinions, I have mine, in my view mine are 100% factual and correct. Until I can see otherwise I'll be the adult and walk away.

EDIT: It's up to everyone else if you want to be part of a test formula, I may be wrong and it may be successful. But I highly doubt it. So much that My PS3 and XBOX 360 will now be for the person who finishes second IF i see it's been a success.

I hope it works. I just don't see any earthly way. We had no skill systems at Quakecon.

Anyway thats about it. end of discussion. If it works it works. If it doesn't then I'm right.
Back to top Go down
Mirio

Mirio

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:43 am

If you call it "Minsta League" why you don't play it like a League(?) ! Everyone plays against everyone and in the end you will see whos the best! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.bot-nexuiz.de.tl/
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:46 am

if u can't decide
we can do a minsta clan tournament or league or whatever it is i never understood difference between those 2 Wink
so let me now when we ready i have important stuff to do
Back to top Go down
unknownnf

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:58 am

Here is a question, anti-lag will be disabled right? How do you plan of playing inter-continental matches? I pretty much saw players from both the us and the eu sign up, the ping difference is always a factor. Somebody having 150 ping against somebody with 50 isn't really fair for the guy with 150 ping.
Back to top Go down
Ravage

Ravage

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:15 am

unknownnf wrote:
Here is a question, anti-lag will be disabled right? How do you plan of playing inter-continental matches? I pretty much saw players from both the us and the eu sign up, the ping difference is always a factor. Somebody having 150 ping against somebody with 50 isn't really fair for the guy with 150 ping.
Thalan wrote:
Quote :
Finally after Fish said that he doesn't want to "mod down" svn, I checked it again, and I was pretty surprised. Anti-Lag is okay, it's working correctly, but that's the only thing which is okay in the beta version. I found tons of bugs and things that do not work, so finally I made my decision - The tournament will be played on 2.4.2 with Kringel's invisible and spawn mod, maybe with the tournament mod, if not, with some own mods to making it suitable for the players. Beneath the bugs or dislikes Kringel mentioned in his post, there are many other bugs, as I said already. Some of them are for example that some transport platforms do not work, the weapon does not turn invisible in invisible mode, HUD in spectator mode cannot be unshown etc. etc. This version is not playable in a tournament, even if the anti-lag is good - you people played years without it. All people are worse without anti-lag, so noone can abuse it, and even if it would be, life can't be fair always Wink If 2.5 or any other stable version with anti-lag is released, we are going to play on these.

you can read all : https://prophets.aforumfree.com/search.forum?search_author=Thalan&show_results=posts

@all : Just wait and see...
Back to top Go down
unknownnf

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:29 am

That still didn't answer the question, I already knew svn and antilag will be disabled it was not a request to use or enable any one of them. I was just asking if a more fairer way of playing the matches for people with widely different pings was taken in account or not. Example: one match on a eu server the other on a us server, frags are totaled and the guy with the most wins.
Back to top Go down
Thalan

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:40 am

I have not received any registrations from the US yet, but finally the people from the US will have less chances because of their worse ping, this cannot be changed so easily I think, sorry.

This is only a tournament, if this is successfull Razer is going to sponsor the Nexuiz Minsta League, if not, they will not but the league will still take part, but without Razer's sponsorship.

To Feo:
We will see.

Greetings and a good night, Thalan
Back to top Go down
evilsoul

evilsoul

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:08 am

are tweaks cheats? heres what i see:
Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Nexuiz000001
xD
is it am i nao out of teh_t0urn4m3n+?
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:53 am

i can make that on photoshop too not that hard Wink
Back to top Go down
Thalan

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:26 am

As long as you cannot see them through walls it is okay.
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:46 am

Wallhacking WILL be recognized from the referees...it's uncommon that u aim on walls where the enemy will show up from behind.

And i still don't think that sending u our configs will help about this problem. I can just send u another one. You cannot proof it, sry...

@ evil

how did u made them green? replaced the textures with fullbright? or repainted it?
Back to top Go down
evilsoul

evilsoul

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:04 am

prove of non wallhacking:
Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Nexuiz000002
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nexuiz Minsta League
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next