Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::: European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan .:::. Best Frags & Finest Movements since Jan. 2009 :::.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

Nexuiz Minsta League

Go down 
+17
KRILL
KojaK
Mirio
Kringel
Ravage
evilsoul
od@r
vectoralpha
Lady Doom
-maniac|Su-
Thalan
Bommel
Banshee
N4t4s
lost
painless
Growl
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
lost
Side Admin
lost

Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:26 am

That's r_showsurfaces 3 in SVN. What a Face

Thought you were out because of the version? Why are you bringing config's into it now?
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com/
evilsoul

evilsoul

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:40 am

nope its not! growl is right! they're replaced ..

There will be a 2.4.2 host but with an antilag mod! So im in. Well Thalan wanted to check every cfg for cheats .. but thats more of a sisyphos job ..

Last edited by evilsoul on Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:10 am

Looks the same to me. Anyhow, this is stupid.

Wallhacking is very limited & can be limited further in the server configuration, see r_cullentities_trace_delay.

We all know other cheats exist & the only way to spot these is by spectating, that's the ref's job.
Back to top Go down
evilsoul

evilsoul

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:00 pm

he HAS to check, because Razer said so! It doesn't care whether it is usefull or will really provide help .. it has to be done otherwise Razer will pull their money back.And i dont think they will ever want to hear/read the word Nexuiz again! easy as that!
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:06 pm

Fair enough. Smile
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:51 pm

the host will be 2.4.2 with anti-lag Smile but I can choose what version I want to run, from 2.3 to 2.4.2, right?
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:48 pm

Yo Bansh. Smile

I've not seen anything to suggest otherwise. I'd assume that you can use whichever client you prefer. Wink
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:08 pm

yowa T:)
cheers sounds great Basketball only one thing sometimes bothers me however mostly I find it funny-"screen bug", few dasy ago it was even more exciting than usually-I had vertical view, like moving upside down Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
KojaK

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:39 am

Aureilia wrote:
Even so. How is that fair for people who are not at the top?

Bottom line is skill systems suit no one except the skilled. At least that one anyway. I also notice you won, So it helps you to take out the skilled players and leave yourself with the n00bs. Like I did say somewhere else. This kind of rating system can be used to gain unfair advantages over other players.

sorry but this completely wrong, i faced harder opponents the further the tournament went along, and the majority of players in that tournament were not noobs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:07 am

Sorry but YOU. are completely wrong.

How do you define that they were the hardest possible since you never played the people who went out because they got screwed out of their rightful places?

Remind me. Who the hell are you again? Don't talk don't reply just play the tournament unless you want to put something of sensible proportions into this thread.

You just defined something way out of order and it's actually a mathematical impossibility with what you implied.
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:21 am

Turn it down a notch please. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:29 am

Hey. It was turned down Razz

I didn't say anything bad I was just explaining I can't be wrong on an opinion but he can be wrong for basing a non conditional clause such as an opinion to be wrong.

Smile

Technically put it in a more simple way. Only a fact can be wrong an opinion can never be wrong since it doesn't have a foundation.

geek
Back to top Go down
evilsoul

evilsoul

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:29 pm

off-Topic:

hes just k0jak an evergreen, #1 of the 1on1 ladder and a Nexuiz legend .. one whos opinion has absolutely no weight!

@KojaK: .. dont reply .. DONT .. just .. DONT! she does not know when to stop.
@Aureilia: this is an official thread!
@lost:do whatever you have to, to keep this thread clean and calm!

sincerly yours,
3vilSoul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:58 pm

Stopping has nothing to do with it.

I was just saying an opinion is just that. It's neither fact nor fiction.

I only ever start something if someone does something wrong, he hasn't done anything, why would I start arguing with someone who has done nothing. All I did was offer him an explanation on what opinions are. Well and asked him who he is because I really have no idea.

Quote :
hes just k0jak an evergreen, #1 of the 1on1 ladder and a Nexuiz legend .. one whos opinion has absolutely no weight!

No one's opinion has weight. It's not a fact. Above all he's just another player of the game, he's not above anyone else here.

For the record I can't help sounding bitchy thats just how I come across to people.
Back to top Go down
Mirio

Mirio

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 4:22 am

Aureilia wrote:
he's not above anyone else here.
same for you Wink

and Evil you forget that he won the Tourney too Cool and thats not soooo easy Very Happy
Peace bro Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.bot-nexuiz.de.tl/

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:02 am

Mirio wrote:
Aureilia wrote:
he's not above anyone else here.
same for you Wink

I'm really glad you covered something I already knew scratch

Seriously though everyone has the right to be treated the same, so if someone gets something wrong as always i'll be there to tell them how wrong they are Razz
Back to top Go down
evilsoul

evilsoul

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:07 am

Topic anyone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:49 am

I think the topic ended at page 8, as long as it's making a thread active thats perfectly fine tongue
Back to top Go down
Fish
Clan Member
Fish

PostSubject: Stuff...   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:08 pm

@Evilsoul: Why do you keep claiming that the tourney server will have antilag? If someone has successfully backported the current antilag to 2.4.2, then point me to it and i will happily incorporate it into the server code. Otherwise, the server will run with the stock 2.4.2 "antilag", and we all know how well it works.

@Thalan: I dont see anywhere that you have refuted Aureilia's assumptions about the tournament system (or even claimed without proof that theyre wrong), so, owing to the lack of information, i am assuming theyre correct. I hope you will release the specifics about it after the tournament, as i will release the modified tourney server code. (im assuming that the patch would count about as many lines as a verbal description of the tourney system Smile
as for the system itself, well i dont really care cause i just play for fun, knowing that i dont stand a chance of winning, so heres just my 2 cents:
I kind of agree with Aureilia. with randomly chosen opponents, my progress into the tournament would be determined by my skill, along with chance, of course. i would probably beat the first booncamperepicrofl's, then win or lose a match against, say, Tavi, and then, if i won, lose agains, say, Evilsoul.
Your (assumed) system may be noob-friendly in terms of progress, but it would also guarantee them a dead end. Booncamperepicrofl would be certain to lose against the first serious player they encountered.
But thats all just hypothetically speaking, since we dont know anything about the system (yet).
Also, sorry for ranting, it helped kill some time Razz
Here's something important i want to ask: PLEASE no powerups!

Oh and btw the commands are as follows:
lockgame on/off - switch locking on or off
forcejoin # P1 P2 ... PN - force player to join (even with lockgame on), Pi (i=1..N) must be playernumbers according to status, you can list any number of players, space after # is mandatory
forcespec # P1 P2 ... PN - same as above, but force them into spectator
assassinate # P - kill player, P is a playernumber according to status
awarditem # P item - give some item to player, item in {ammo,lives,speed,invis}
awardfrags # P n - give n frags to player (i.e. adjust their score), n can be any integer, even negative.

i think thats all, theres also some brief ingame help, i think its "sv_cmd help" or just "help" or something, dont remember right now.

have a good day, everyone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:26 am

I'm just going to watch and see how it goes Razz

If it goes well I'll join the next thing that happens. If it goes how I anticipate then probably not unless it's a team thing.

The way I'm just seeing it is

n00b 1 vs n00b 2

pat vs someone epic probably be sphost or growl in that case. only two people I could imagine being near his level of an out of 10 average of 10.1 of course my random system is just as much of a danger but the beauty of it is that it's random and not moderated danger!

If the skill system works we will see the mid range players make it through the first few rounds.

Personally. I feel I'm more than capable of reaching the final 12. But this skill system thing makes me feel like I'm not capable of getting past the first game. The reason I couldn't be involved is because I'd be really angry with Thalan for stealing whats rightfully mine. A place in the final 12 or 16 because I could have a really bad game or end up in the randomness getting someone real tough. But yeah I know roughly my limitations I'm confident I can beat 60% of the named list and end up in close matches with a few.

Pat, Sphost, Growl, X10 - All would beat me no doubt.

Xone, Fish, Tavi, Evilsoul, LD, Banshee, Lost - Unsure of how that would go, probably could go anyway.

The rest of them I can beat apart from the ones I don't know because I just don't know how good or if they can or can't beat me.

So there is a potential 70/80% which would leave me actually in the last 8. I wouldn't count on that ever though.

More importantly though. Fish is right. Powerups should be a No. Imagine playing against pat spawning next to lives. Game Over!

Seriously though the spawnpoints on nexuiz are well messed up. It's forever giving people unfair advantages Razz unless you give those choices to the referees to make if it's fair or unfair to have powerups on.

All that said. Maybe his system is good, maybe I'm wrong. But one thing is for sure. The powerups must ... I dunno. I say go!
Back to top Go down
evilsoul

evilsoul

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:43 am

@fish: well because thats what i've been told, by Thalan.

@aureilia: i now know that x10 is from austria .. and he loves his incognito status ..

edit: Why is everyone scared bout the powerups? i dont get it. Extraifes can be taken off very fast! ask x10. Wink Speed for me is more of a disadvantage. when you jump your slower than anything i've seen in Nexuiz (except for spawncampers) and it f's up your strafeaim on small maps, whoever can use the laser correct does not need this powerup.. Invisibility(Kringels mod, aye?) will be the strongest here, wich means hiding .. or shootspamming.

Time their spawn correct and you both will meet there! Have the hit and its yours!

Scary this, scary pat, scary that, scary extras, scary tournament system, scary mirrorimage. Since when is minsta full of sissies? Be brave minsta players! Be brave!

edit2:@refs: How much do i have to pay to get 30 frags? codeword:BRLOGENSHFEGLE!!! xD
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:10 am

evilsoul wrote:
Scary this, scary pat, scary that, scary extras, scary tournament system, scary mirrorimage. Since when is minsta full of sissies? Be brave minsta players! Be brave!

Twisted Evil cheers Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:12 am

evilsoul wrote:

edit: Why is everyone scared bout the powerups?

Right, everyone dislikes them for 1on1 situation, except u.
If this discussion is still a bit democratic, then powerups will be disabled @ the tourney

evilsoul wrote:
scary pat, scary extras, scary tournament system. Since when is minsta full of sissies? Be brave minsta players! Be brave !

I deleted the scary this and thats from your post.

Scary pat: noone is scared of him, everyone registered here knowing that he will play
scary extras: It sucks...invisibility is pretty hard to fight against when the other one is aiming good. Megahealth sucks too...ammo is rare enough in 1on1, i need more than 10 shots to take of 2 extralifes and the original one from a good played.
Scary system: People are just critical about the system, because they don't know the rules the system is based on. And most of us are interested in having a great time together and a great tournament without seeing a noob-final in the end

Last edited by Growl on Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thalan

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:13 am

To fish and Aureilia, maybe for the thousanth time, ingame or here in this forum.

I NEVER said that Pat will fave Brecht van Bommel or something like that, the only thing I said was, that you meet players in your playing level until round three. For this, the skill system is not alone used, this is the last time I tell this, no more questions to the system topic after this please:

Thalan wrote:
It would be totally bad if the two best players meet in round one. So I have to let for example Pat face someone who isn't perfect, but still no "left small finger kill" or whatever and finally good people meet from half finals on.

Greetings, Thalan

Edit:
So finally, I decided by advice from many others, that I will not post any news which could cause any posts from others here in this forum anymore. Criticism is okay, questions are okay, but read what I write.

Last edited by Thalan on Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:17 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : addition)
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:49 am

hehe i hope simply the pest takes part Wink

so i can pass to round 2

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nexuiz Minsta League
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next