Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::: European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan .:::. Best Frags & Finest Movements since Jan. 2009 :::.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

Nexuiz Minsta League

Go down 
+17
KRILL
KojaK
Mirio
Kringel
Ravage
evilsoul
od@r
vectoralpha
Lady Doom
-maniac|Su-
Thalan
Bommel
Banshee
N4t4s
lost
painless
Growl
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:50 am

hmmm now i got it guys make me a favor send me PMs with the vote u gave yourself when u sent to thalan that mail for register Wink
i wanna see who i will have to fight
thx
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 3:13 am

old double poster Wink

what are u rated? Many of us are around 8...(i am full a 8 ) but this wont help u to see who u have to challenge Wink

Lets wait till the schedule is out =)
Back to top Go down
Fish
Clan Member
Fish

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:10 am

It is possible for everyone to register without giving away their home address up front, while still preventing double registration.

This is my proposition:

Everyone registers with the following data (or at least everyone who has privacy concerns):

* Their nickname used in Nexuiz, cleartext
* Their real name, cleartext
* Their complete home address, symmetrically encrypted (for example, using GPG), keeping the key secret (at first)
* The other game-related stuff originally required by Thalan, cleartext

The cleartext real name does reduce anonymity, but is neccessary to prevent double registration. After the tournament, only the winner divulges the key/passphrase used to encrypt their address.
Back to top Go down
Thalan

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:13 am

Or just don't send me your address if you do not want to tell it to me Wink

BTW, I destroyed the server by giving me 99999 points to try it, can you repair it? xD
Back to top Go down
Raven
Clan Member
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:08 am

Thalan, I was wondering why you need to know models and colours people are using for the tournament. Wouldn't it be more fair if everyone has the same model/skin?
Back to top Go down
Slatte

Slatte

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:42 am

raven wrote:
Thalan, I was wondering why you need to know models and colours people are using for the tournament. Wouldn't it be more fair if everyone has the same model/skin?

agree!! much better so
Back to top Go down
Thalan

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:02 am

I already wrote that, the colors are required for the "tournament tree", it shall look nice Wink

Greetings, Thalan
Back to top Go down
Slatte

Slatte

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:01 am

Oh missed that :-)

by the way!

nice work with the tournament and everything Thalan!
Back to top Go down
Fish
Clan Member
Fish

PostSubject: Technical stuff about the tournament server   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:55 pm

(a) The server is gonna have antilag. That is, the antilag from SVN, backported to 2.4.2. There seems to be some misconception, though, about how antilag works. It does NOT reduce the lag caused by high pings and/or packet loss. Nor does it make the gameplay experience any smoother (actually or psychologically). What it does is use the client's hitscan to determine the player that was hit, instead of the server's. This ensures that you always hit what you point at, regardless of your ping, but the shot still appears delayed.

What's important is that you have to aim like in SVN, i.e. point exactly at your target (instead of trying to predict its position according to your lag, like you were used to in stock 2.4.2)

(b) If you spawn with a tilted head, type "cmd force_reset_view" in the console. Or better yet, bind some key to it.
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Fish wrote:

(b) If you spawn with a tilted head, type "cmd force_reset_view" in the console. Or better yet, bind some key to it.

So we can still expect packet loss?
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com/
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:11 am

I dropped in for few games to server with tourney settings.hmm I gotta play more there to get use to these settings Neutral hard for me to hit opponent. GG Lady btw Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nexuiz Minsta League
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8