Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::: European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan .:::. Best Frags & Finest Movements since Jan. 2009 :::.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

Don't know if you guys need this.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Don't know if you guys need this. Empty
PostSubject: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:11 am

But I came across a really good site a few weeks ago.

http://www.phpzilla.net/

It enables you to install many different scripts such as PHP Nuke / Clan Version and loads of other tools, Quite a lot of Clan management systems on there.

http://www.mod.at.tp/ - I did that for my small PS3/360 group I have - Yep thats a banner I had sphost do a while ago.

http://www.totclan.at.tp/ - I did start on that I have no idea if the date will be accurate.

The top one gives an idea of what can be done, While the bottom gives you an idea of the kind of moderation power you have over what people see and don't see.

It's in my view something all clans should have, A nice clean, simple, easy to update website. Of course this place does almost the same things. But with ads and issues such as having to obide by a TOS.

Anyway. Thats all. Just wondering If you would be interested in relocating Razz
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:36 am

I think a webiste is way better for presenting your clan to the world.

I have no idea how to do such things, but i am sure there are ppl in this clan which are more talented than i am

Thanks Feo Smile
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 3:53 am

Thx for the info Xan. You on a interweb recon mission today? Smile

I've been thinking of server stuff recently. If there were a way to get a decent server at a decent price (or free), we could literally do whatever we wanted. Site, forum, downloads, email, not to mention a Nexuiz game server...
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com/

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:28 am

Well that site has everything apart from the server Razz Theres a download function built in on it Razz
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 3:18 am

It's PHP fusion right?

If anyone in the clan is interested in a real website, i would try it out. I have no idea how it works yet, but i can learn Smile
Had php-programming longer time ago in school, when the sky was blue i was still young *dreaming*

Is the site really for free? I have nice thoughts about layout and stuff and i think i could work @ it during work-time, because the boring time in my job is coming soon....

edit: what domain-name shall i choose if i do so? www.prophets.co.cc?
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 3:39 am

I checked some of the sites out that they host & they were very slow. I'd be willing to pay for a proper domain if we were going to go down this route. I'd also be willing to chip in towards a proper server.

I guess if it's free it's worth a shot tho. If you want to do it Marc, you have my support. Smile
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 3:49 am

If we had a server, there would be no problem to host the site from it.

But i have no ideas from servers, what they have to offer and what kind of system it should be.
If everyone in the clan is willing to pay a bit we could rent a decent one?

Would u look for some offers lost?
Kringel is also someone who whould know what a server has to offer for us...
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:10 am

I'll certainly have a look. Wink

I'd appreciate Kringle's input too, he probably (almost certainly) knows more than me on this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:03 am

www.prophets.co.cc

co.cc charge now don't they?

try co.nr Razz

I honestly think most people should keep nexuiz being free all around. of course if that was everyone we'd have no places to play. But that said thats already covered I think free games should have free websites and domains Razz

and.. Those sites I gave you Razz They load immediately for me, I strongly advise you to take Nuke Evolution for a CMS if your going to pay for a provider Razz Nuke Evo itself is free?... However the hosts to host it on never are free. They do give some nice initial setup themes but if you want something epic your going to either need to design it or buy it Smile I've used it before I personally find it absolutely beautiful.

I also have a bit of experience with that rendition of PHP.. AFTER install though thats when I can help Razz

http://www.findmysoft.com/scripts/Nuke-Evolution-Clan-Edition-download.html

If you decide you want to mess around Smile
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:45 am

got the domain: http://www.prophets.phpzilla.net/

Let's see if i can do anything..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:13 pm

You will have to check your email Razz

Create a database using the cpanel (you can get the details in the email)

Then in cpanel install the PHP Fusion script.

Insert the details, database username, the database name you just created and the password you used.

then the page should be up. but it's asking you to delete your setup file.

go to the ftp management in the cpanel again and locate the setup file and delete. Razz

that should be all!
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:22 pm

Have it running now Wink

Some little problems occured(didn't deleted the index.html before trying) but i am on a good way now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:13 am

Growl? How did you do that? LOL

I can't do a site like that. That looks absolutely amazing! did you install a theme and how?

Your turn to help me. HA!
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:46 pm

afro

Yes, it's a theme. I copied the data into the "themes" - folder. Now it's available for every user to chose.

In the Admin-panel unter System-Admin/ Main settings u can set it as the standard site-theme Smile

Ok, now your turn to help me again :

How can i kick the turntable-banner and use the prophets-banner?

edit: problem solved...theme uses a .swf file for the banner oO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 10:29 pm

lol. does that mean you don't need my help?

I sorta didn't get that? Did you download the theme and upload it into the FTP themes folder? if so, where did you get the themes? I can only find the PHP Nuke Evolution themes

If you do need my help I'll direct you Razz

Sign in

Click admin panel? I think it's in German for you Razz

click system admin

then

click main settings

Then theres a section that says site banner - put the url of the image you want there in that space! should be all if it's possible
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 11:02 pm

Have the banner running now...it's a transparent layer now.
I really like php-fusion, even super noobs like me can run a site^^

Here's your theme-source:Themes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 11:14 pm

Yeah It's real nice Razz I'll try uploading something in a hour or two. Very Happy I used to have loads of places to get themes but i deleted windows and lost them all Very Happy

TY! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:14 am

For some reason themes wont upload. Keeps on failing....

Any help?
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:15 am

I upload them via 3rd party tp software.

Shareware : Smartftp
or freeware: Ruff-Ftp

Smartftp is way better tho
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:26 am

Ah ty i'll try that now. I was trying coreftp. Never had a problem with that one until now.

EDIT: Same problems with smartftp gonna try the other one
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:44 am

Strange...

U just drag the files into the theme folder, right?

What happend then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:46 am

Just tells me it's failed.

It overwrites but wont add new files.
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:51 am

What do u overwrite there?

Normally u would just add the unpacked folder into the themes directory.

You get the archive, extract and then u should have some files and 2 folders : extras and themes. In themes there should be a subfolder with the name of the theme. This folder need to be placed via ftp.

If u do this already...no idea Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:58 am

I just tried my second account. That one works. It's some type of error with everything I installed I guess Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if you guys need this.   Don't know if you guys need this. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't know if you guys need this.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan :: Entertainment :: Babble-
Jump to: