Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::: European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan .:::. Best Frags & Finest Movements since Jan. 2009 :::.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

Applications by invite only?

Go down 
+2
painless
lost
6 posters

Yes
Applications by invite only? Empty100%Applications by invite only? Empty
 100% [ 14 ]
No
Applications by invite only? Empty0%Applications by invite only? Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
lost
Side Admin
lost

Applications by invite only? Empty
PostSubject: Applications by invite only?   Applications by invite only? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 2:42 am

Marc & I spoke earlier about our application process. I'm undecided & hope this poll will provide a clear result.

Please don't just vote, there are a lot of reasons behind both options, please share & discuss your opinions.
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com/
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: Applications by invite only?   Applications by invite only? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:06 am

i think only by invite is better than other way
Back to top Go down
Thalan

PostSubject: Re: Applications by invite only?   Applications by invite only? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:31 am

I think you should close the applications for a while - you are the biggest serious minsta clan in Nexuiz at the moment, if you get all good players you will not have any opponents --> boring Wink
Back to top Go down
-maniac|Su-
Side Admin
-maniac|Su-

PostSubject: Re: Applications by invite only?   Applications by invite only? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:47 am

Yeah - I think it's the best way:
Applications by invite only

Probably Tony has to decide: Who are the member who can invite .... Question
(Tony, Marc and Painless only?)

maniac|Su
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Applications by invite only?   Applications by invite only? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:05 am

If it were invite only I'd like all members to be able to invite a player to make their application for us to consider. Either that or propose a candidate beforehand for us to discuss & we offer them membership if agreed. Whichever way we decide, I'd like to keep it as open as possible.
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Applications by invite only?   Applications by invite only? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:33 am

Thalan wrote:
I think you should close the applications for a while - you are the biggest serious minsta clan in Nexuiz at the moment, if you get all good players you will not have any opponents --> boring Wink

Thalan is right, the best for Nexuiz itself will be when we stop the recruitments for a while and let other clans expand.

And i think we have all the free and nice ppl that come in my mind right now Very Happy

I would like to make the step to a prophets-only-section @ forum, where everyone can post the persons he want to invite and then we discuss.

"Potential Prophets" or something like that.

If only some ppl have the right to invite we add a real leading structure to our clan, which is not what I want affraid
Back to top Go down
Bommel

Bommel

PostSubject: Re: Applications by invite only?   Applications by invite only? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:50 am

I voted "by invite only".
Reasons:
1) Prevents those guys who plays two days Nexuiz from starting threads here Wink
2) The Invitation is kinda a recommandation (if the invitations are used carefully)
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Applications by invite only?   Applications by invite only? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:07 am

After recruiting 4 new prophets in 1 day, I agree with a temporary hold on new recruits. Please keep this discussion going with how we'll continue at a later date.

Quote :
And i think we have all the free and nice ppl that come in my mind right now
Hmm, maybe 1 or 2 more, Jezus & Blanka come to mind. Wink

Quote :
I would like to make the step to a prophets-only-section @ forum, where everyone can post the persons he want to invite and then we discuss.
If we're going to take take the route of invitation only, privacy will be required for honest discussions.

Quote :
If only some ppl have the right to invite we add a real leading structure to our clan, which is not what I want
Me neither, this must remain open to all members.
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Applications by invite only?   Applications by invite only? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:48 am

For me it's better to talk first about invites in an internal area and then send the invitation.
If we do it the other way and the application is denied, the member who sends the invitation looks like an idiot who has no rights in our clan.
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Applications by invite only?   Applications by invite only? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:10 am

Growl wrote:
For me it's better to talk first about invites in an internal area and then send the invitation.
If we do it the other way and the application is denied, the member who sends the invitation looks like an idiot who has no rights in our clan.

Sounds good to me, I'm happy to go with that.

We'll stay as we are at least until the end of the month tho, no need to talk invites so soon.
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Applications by invite only?   Applications by invite only? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 6:09 pm

With a new month starting tomorrow, we'll open up to new recruits via invitation. If there's anyone you'd like to invite, please post here for us to discuss. Providing there's no objections we'll send out an invite. Wink

G'day m8s. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Applications by invite only?   Applications by invite only? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan :: Billboard :: Voting-
Jump to: