Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::: European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan .:::. Best Frags & Finest Movements since Jan. 2009 :::.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

Everyone same skin-color?

Go down 
5 posters

Everyone should have the same skin
Yes
Everyone same skin-color? Empty38%Everyone same skin-color? Empty
 38% [ 3 ]
No
Everyone same skin-color? Empty62%Everyone same skin-color? Empty
 62% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Raven
Clan Member
Raven

Everyone same skin-color? Empty
PostSubject: Everyone same skin-color?   Everyone same skin-color? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:43 am

Personally, I don't like all the different skins people are using. Some skins/models are really hard to see, thus I prefer to set:

set "sv_defaultplayermodel" "models/player/nexus.zym"
set "sv_defaultcharacter" "1"
set "sv_defaultplayerskin" "4"
set "sv_defaultplayercolors" "68"

Which will cause everyone to have the same red skin and model.

Currently this feature is voteable on both servers, once voting passed everyone will keep their own skin, even after mapchanges. I am going to disable this for the 1vs1 server, but do we want this for the public server as well?

Answer YES if you agree with me and want everyone to have the same skincolor + THEIR OWN MODEL and NO if you want all players on the server to have their own color.

Last edited by raven on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:41 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Everyone same skin-color?   Everyone same skin-color? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:21 am

I don't like the uniform-skins.

For me the different models and colors show the personality of the players and i am able u realize who I face right now.

But it would be ok for me if u color every player in red.

But please no defaultmodel :/
Back to top Go down
Raven
Clan Member
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Everyone same skin-color?   Everyone same skin-color? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:38 am

Hmm, good point. We can give everyone a red color, but let them keep their own model. Edited first post...

Last edited by raven on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everyone same skin-color?   Everyone same skin-color? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:42 am

yeah big fat guy keeps getting me killed.
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Everyone same skin-color?   Everyone same skin-color? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:45 am

I think they're essential in 1:1 (so you did the right thing there), but you do loose a little of the personality when they're all the same in FFA. I agree that some people are hard to see on some maps & for this reason I think they should be on by default but remain votable & open for VDO users via 'sv_defaultplayer_fbskin_off' & 'sv_defaultplayer_fbskin_red'.

So which way do I vote here? I don't want to see the vote disappear so I guess I have to vote against, sorry m8.

PS. I don't think red skins are a good idea, either red fbskins or normal player defined skins, as per your original post.
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com/
-maniac|Su-
Side Admin
-maniac|Su-

PostSubject: Re: Everyone same skin-color?   Everyone same skin-color? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:23 am

Same here .... my opinion:

On 1vs1 server everybody the same skin ...

On public server everybody their own model and color ...
I don't like uniforms too ..... Razz

maniac|Su
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com

PostSubject: Re: Everyone same skin-color?   Everyone same skin-color? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:49 pm

I suppose some people know this I am a bit on the color blind side. Red just doesn't do a hell of a lot for me. Maybe force model but not colors? All looks a bit dark grey to me. But then again thats everyones model anyway.
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Everyone same skin-color?   Everyone same skin-color? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:33 pm

I really like to know who is who, so I prefer staying at own model&color. not in 1on1 but in FFA Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone same skin-color?   Everyone same skin-color? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everyone same skin-color?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan :: Billboard :: Voting-
Jump to: