Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::: European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan .:::. Best Frags & Finest Movements since Jan. 2009 :::.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

...some tiny little addons...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bommel

Bommel

...some tiny little addons... Empty
PostSubject: ...some tiny little addons...   ...some tiny little addons... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:10 am

heyho! Very Happy

Perhaps did some of you already see me ingame saying automatically "Hello" to all and immidiately "gg" at the end of the match (or also changing the colors after every frag). Shocked
Well, I wrote an HowTo of how that works.
Take a look at it on my blog!

The whole thing is still a bit buggy ,so youre currently my testing rabbits drunken
Please report any errors.

If you have any question feel free to post them here.

cu
____________ Sleep
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: ...some tiny little addons...   ...some tiny little addons... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:34 am

Finally, you are done Smile

I will try it, as soon as i find the time to compile my nexuiz again.

I like the "Hello"- bot because i often miss ppl, that entered the game when i am really engaged in a hard fight

Thank U!!! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: ...some tiny little addons...   ...some tiny little addons... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:56 am

Thanks for sharing m8. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com/
Bommel

Bommel

PostSubject: Re: ...some tiny little addons...   ...some tiny little addons... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:13 am

lost&Growl wrote:
Thanks for sharing m8.
No problem Very Happy
@Growl: I have an little request for you: Can you provide the binary (= the .exe) after you compiled the addons in, by an FileHoster?
And can I have then the download-link, because I like to provide binaries for the most popular platforms..
*please* santa
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: ...some tiny little addons...   ...some tiny little addons... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:59 am

Sure.

I will download your stuff now and compile it, sending u a pm after this Smile

But I use the SVN-release...isn't that a different *.exe than normal release?

I might need a faster CPU. Virus test/ Nexuiz compiling+ Map building slows down a bit Razz

Sorry Spohst....:
...some tiny little addons... Failur10

Copied your files into the darkplaces directory and started build.bat...did I something wrong?

I have to recompile my nex again to get it working...
I will wait with my next test till i finished my map, cause the download is a BIG break.
You might take out the download link before others crashing there windows Sad
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: ...some tiny little addons...   ...some tiny little addons... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:05 am

From esteel:

Quote :
<esteel> oh, seems like he changed the DP sources?
<Growl_prophets> yep
<Growl_prophets> overwrites some data
<esteel> hmm, he should simply provide a .patch file for this changes Razz
<Growl_prophets> u are talking to the wrong one.....i have no idea about this all
<Growl_prophets> but if u want to talk to him, he can come to irc?
<esteel> well i'm not really interested in that stuff.. i feel like its not needed Razz
<Growl_prophets> like he said there: cl_addons - useless but funny commands for Nexuiz
<esteel> but its nice to see people trying to change stuff
<esteel> well, in that case its more for the engine.. DarkPlaces Razz
<Growl_prophets> how to create a patch file for this? is it hard?
<esteel> no.. if he uses a svn checkout its even easy.. cd /path/to/Darkplaces; svn diff > mychanges.patch
<esteel> voila Smile
<Growl_prophets> nice, and this patch will be executable or what?
<esteel> and people can apply the changes via: cd /path/to/darkplaces; patch -p 0 < /path/to/mychanges.patch
<esteel> then they can compile it
<Growl_prophets> nice, i will send him this

Interested in this?

Btw. i found it good what u are doing Smile
Back to top Go down
Bommel

Bommel

PostSubject: Re: ...some tiny little addons...   ...some tiny little addons... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:27 am

Yep, quite cool, but I cant come currently. cause I just crahed my system Very Happy
To your compile-problem:
I dunno why he gets errosrs of this but edit your makefile.inc:
at line 23: replace it with: CPUOPTIMIZATIONS?= -fno-math-errno -ffinite-math-only -fno-rounding-math
at line 178: replace it with: -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing $(CPUOPTIMIZATIONS)

..and it should work. @patch: precompiled binaries are more or less like patches Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: ...some tiny little addons...   ...some tiny little addons... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:32 am

Not that i have no trust in you, but i will wait with the next compile after i finished my map.
I had to use the cleanup.bat cause even with original files nothing worked anymore.

Didn't know it also deletes all maps i downloaded.

Thanks god my actual one was exported before hitting the *.bat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bommel

Bommel

PostSubject: Re: ...some tiny little addons...   ...some tiny little addons... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 4:08 am

Quote :
Thanks god my actual one was exported before hitting the *.bat
Puh..happy about that... Exclamation

I was a bit in a hurry (ok, Im still) so my last answer was a bit short.
Therefore a bit longer version:

A svn patch is quite useful and fine. of course. But its likely that some of the Windows user did see a yeti more often than a console Wink
I think copy&paste is the best for them. I uploaded a patch now though, you can download it here. With already pre-compiled binaries it will be even easier. you have to replace just the exexcutable then.
NOTE: dont try to compile it with the Nex 2.4.2 source. no warranty that its working. I recomn to use the SVN source, cause the officila 2.5 release seems not to be very far away.

I hope I solved your compiling problem (by the way: it was my fault Embarassed, I uploaded an optimited verion for my CPU), cause I will be not on till tommorrow Wink
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: ...some tiny little addons...   ...some tiny little addons... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:05 pm

Working patch: http://omploader.org/vMWI2NA/frog_frenzy.diff

Reverted cpu opts, these can be called with make & added your addons. What a Face

Marc, you don't have to do a full Nex build, open up the build script & comment out the non-darkplaces stuff, 5 mins & you'll have your binaries. Wink
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: ...some tiny little addons...   ...some tiny little addons... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:56 pm

Thanks for the info, didn't thought about it.

Windows user are thinking too straight, if the think at all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: ...some tiny little addons...   ...some tiny little addons... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 3:24 am

Still an error, but i think a new one

...some tiny little addons... Failur11

I only know a bit about Visualbasic programming, but could it be that u didn't defined your variables?
Back to top Go down
Bommel

Bommel

PostSubject: Re: ...some tiny little addons...   ...some tiny little addons... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 3:54 am

deleted by Growl....

wanted to click at "quote" but hit "edit", doh
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: ...some tiny little addons...   ...some tiny little addons... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 4:02 am

Try these files, only the makefile differs, they're what I made the patch from & work fine here: http://omploader.org/vMWI3Zw/addons.tar
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: ...some tiny little addons...   ...some tiny little addons... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 4:10 am

Quote :

So I suppose you did something wrong (ehmm sorry Wink) - did you really copied and replaces client.h?
Look also at the makfile.inc. Does there stand at line ~80: this "cl_addons.o \" ?

Yes, I did and yes there is standing something about cl_addons.o

But i dunno which line... i habe only a basic text editor by hand.

@Tony

Your pack couldnt help me either Sad
Back to top Go down
Bommel

Bommel

PostSubject: Re: ...some tiny little addons...   ...some tiny little addons... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 4:21 am

the output says that hesd missing the declaration of the Vars "B_saygg, B_(...)" these vars are normally declred in client.h.
So I dont know from where the error comes exactly...
Last try: there are files with the ending .o and .d - delete them (its enough if you delete the the .o's and .d's of the files you repalced)
Then delete the files: cl_addons.c cl_addons.h client.h cl_parse.c cl_input.c makefile.inc, and replace them again with those out of the pack.
Sounds a bit weird but I honestly dont have an idea what exactly went wrong.
I think I have to sleep a night over that... in the most cases the solution comes automatically then..

Edit: lol @ my post above Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ...some tiny little addons...   ...some tiny little addons... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

...some tiny little addons...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan :: Gameplay & Tweaks :: Development-
Jump to: