Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::: European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan .:::. Best Frags & Finest Movements since Jan. 2009 :::.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

The Nexuiz Glitch

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

The Nexuiz Glitch Empty
PostSubject: The Nexuiz Glitch   The Nexuiz Glitch Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:25 am

I was playing on Aggressor a few days ago and this happened after I had been editing something. I can't say what exactly for reasons you'll probably understand. All I can say after discussing it with someone this is only possible by modification of nexuiz files and there is one other vital thing you need to happen to be able to do it. (I'm not going to say what that is)

I'm not going to say anymore than that otherwise we will have hundreds of people shooting you from behind walls on maps it's not possible on.
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

The Nexuiz Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Nexuiz Glitch   The Nexuiz Glitch Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:08 am

Now that i see the pics, I can say that I had the same problems on Agressor_remix.
When i crashed my nex and had to redownload everything it came with a corrupt map.

After deleting the files and re-download the map everything is ok again.

But it seems to occure random...I didn't changed files or something. Just a regular download
Back to top Go down

The Nexuiz Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Nexuiz Glitch   The Nexuiz Glitch Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:14 am

It's seeming to be corrupt downloads. I've seen it happen once before with everyone being able to run around behind walls. But never just me. I should probably contact one of the devs and ask them if it's anything I've done or is nexuiz really this screwed up.

If it's the latter then... when someone works out how to bug every map. The game is essentially heading for doom

Actually if it is the latter just delete this thread, we probably dont want anyone knowing thats an issue.
Back to top Go down
Lady Doom
Side Admin
Lady Doom

The Nexuiz Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Nexuiz Glitch   The Nexuiz Glitch Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:16 am

same here Smile it's normal. now I have good aggressor remix and everything is ok. I had format yesterday but I try to find screenies and demos Smile
Back to top Go down

The Nexuiz Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Nexuiz Glitch   The Nexuiz Glitch Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:22 am

**Feo Thinks** - If it goes back normal... Server sided map problem? corruption in loading the maps?

I think the option would be to stop playing the remix version if it loads weird for some people. Happens to me a lot in that case!

So I edited some things... I guess I have no idea how to edit for a reason. Lol but hell AT should really be looking into these issues, Map glitch/server side/feo side or whatever!

It still enables whoever has it to just fire at everything without ever getting shot!

EDIT: You probably did notice that I only really fired at one person. I wouldn't ever take a win like that.
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

The Nexuiz Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Nexuiz Glitch   The Nexuiz Glitch Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:18 am

One way to avoid this mistake of corrupt maps (or even purposefully edited maps), would be to include an md5 check. That'd ensure the user has the same map as the server with little overhead. Of course there is no bullet proof solution, there'll always be a way around for the determined cheater. That's the route I've seen these conversations take in the past, tho I don't see any harm with it. It'd ensure players get the intended experience, not some glitchy map & it'd add an extra hurdle for anyone purposefully modifying maps to gain an advantage.
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com/
evilsoul

evilsoul

The Nexuiz Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Nexuiz Glitch   The Nexuiz Glitch Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:35 am

isn't that an old quake trick?

you have to: ... hihihi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Nexuiz Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Nexuiz Glitch   The Nexuiz Glitch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Nexuiz Glitch
Page 1 of 1