Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::: European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan .:::. Best Frags & Finest Movements since Jan. 2009 :::.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

2.5 Minsta Server

Go down 
+6
Thalan
Bommel
Art
Agrypnos
Growl
Raven
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Raven
Clan Member
Raven

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:13 am

The 2.5 server which is durrently marked as [TEST] is going to replace the 2.4.2 minsta server soon.
Or so I thought.... It came to my attention not everyone likes 2.5, so what's your thought about it?
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:34 am

Stick to 2.4.2

My opinion because:

- The new Nex-gun is ugly (maybe we can import the old one at our servers?)

- I see no Scoreboard at 2.5, cuz it's bugged for me

Anyway, from the gameplay-side of view I have no problem with it.
Back to top Go down
Agrypnos
Inactiv Clan Member

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:57 am

I don't really like 2.5. I like the server like it is right now. Some more maps and it's perfect Wink

I can't hit anything on 2.5, the nex looks stupid and it lags. That's the biggest problem, it lags which would be a cause for not hitting anything Wink
Back to top Go down
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 8:22 am

Yup, I played a lot last time and when 1on1 server and DM 2.4.2 are full DM 2.5 is empty. It's unpopular. I've talked with a lot of players and they said that they prefer to play on our 2.4.2 or 1on1.
As for me it's awful! I'm thinking about playing on 2.4.2 version of game again(but nicks will be very annoying with numbers Crying or Very sad ) and I'm trying not to play on 2.5 servers. Smooth moves are uncomfortable for me, gun looks stupid and I have some problems with graphic...
All in all my results are much better on 2.4.2 Smile
Back to top Go down
Raven
Clan Member
Raven

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:53 pm

Hmm, this seems pretty clear to me Very Happy As it looks now I'm taking down the 2.5 server and leave the 2.4.2 ones up.

Is there even anyone that does want the servers to be converted to 2.5?
Back to top Go down
Bommel

Bommel

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:53 pm

yeah.
Me Wink (But Im not a Prophet so I won't have to say much)
For people with high pings (like me) is 2.5 just genious. How about setting up one 2.4.2 and one 2.5?
Quote :
- The new Nex-gun is ugly (maybe we can import the old one at our servers?)
You can replace the models yourself (or use r_drawviewmodel 0).
Quote :
I see no Scoreboard at 2.5, cuz it's bugged for me
Enabling the HUD helped here.

And why does it lag? Neutral
I like 2.5 roundabout 10x as 2.4.2..

Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Thalan

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:39 am

I would strongly suggest you to play on 2.5 servers - the league will only play on the most recent release. If it lags, you maybe have the wrong antilag turned on, there are two different, AFAIK 3 is the better one.
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:57 am

If the other Clans change their Server to 2.5 we should do it also.

2.4.2 won't be popular anymore is close future

Now 2.5 feels strange cause we are used to 2.4.2
But soon 2.4.2 will feel strange to anyone, because they are used to 2.5
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 5:40 am

I'd be happy to upgrade once the TTS mod is ready. If Raven sees any benefits I'd have no complaint over upgrading earlier tho, ie server resources, etc.

I realise that there will be a need to upgrade at some point & the sooner we do that the quicker we'll adjust. Saying this, 2.5 practically forces everyone to upgrade & (possibly) the largest Linux distribution still carries 2.4.2: http://packages.debian.org/sid/nexuiz - I realise that's of little relevance to regular players, it simply means that there'll be a lot of people still running 2.4.2.
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com/
Slatte

Slatte

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:48 am

OK looks like I've the same opinion as "almost" everyone here!!

* The Nex gun is so ugly it takes up the hole screen and looks like a pipe or something.
* Everything seems so NOT NORMAL
* I'm not used to it so I cant aim Wink

maybe i need to try 2.5 a bit more before saying anything more Laughing

And about the servers, none is playing on the 2.5 server, and the 1v1 server is almost full all the time.
I remember those days when there where 2 great 1v1 server.

Thats my opinion!!

bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:37 am

Yes, give us 2nd 1on1 server back if its possible....pleeeaaaasssseeeeeeeeeee Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Raven
Clan Member
Raven

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:57 am

Slatte wrote:
OK looks like I've the same opinion as "almost" everyone here!!

* The Nex gun is so ugly it takes up the hole screen and looks like a pipe or something.
* Everything seems so NOT NORMAL
* I'm not used to it so I cant aim Wink

maybe i need to try 2.5 a bit more before saying anything more Laughing

And about the servers, none is playing on the 2.5 server, and the 1v1 server is almost full all the time.
I remember those days when there where 2 great 1v1 server.

Thats my opinion!!

bounce bounce bounce

Maybe it's my imagination, but the thing that irritates me most about 2.5 is the muzzleflash, I can't see fuck when I fire and if I miss I'm dead for sure.
2.5 is doable for me, but if possible I'd like to change the following things:

- 2.4.2 Nexgun model/skin
- 2.4.2 sounds
- No muzzleflash (or comparable to 2.4.2)

Is there anyone here that knows how to do this, either client-side or server-side? (I don't really care which of the two)

Another thing that irritates me is the score-board, the actual scores are all the way to the right, but where people will most likely look at when ingame and want a quick peak at their scores is in the middle of the screen where the first column is situated. That column tells the nr. of kills, which is clearly NOT the nr. of frags...
But i guess there's little I can do about that...

Anyways, apart from the above points the 2.5 server is "ready for production" as far as I'm concerned. It's up to you guys to tell me if and when to switch the main server to 2.5. (Someone make a poll or something?) Either way one of them is going dormant soon. Doesn't mean I remove the server from my rig, I'll just turn it off. It's either one or the other imo... We can always switch at a later time.

There is one thing though: If you guys don't decide in the next 3 days it's probably gonna be 2 weeks at least before I get the chance to switch them.
I'm getting married to my lovely wife the next week and our honeymoon is the week after that Smile Busy times for me Smile
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:11 am

Sounds are easily reverted for a regular 2.5 server: https://prophets.aforumfree.com/settings-f1/242-sounds-t222.htm Wink

Nex gun model could be done in a similar way, I'll need to find out how to scale it tho. Another option would be to use a totally different (ie sniper rifle) model or none at all.

Muzzle flash isn't an issue here, maybe just turn the particles down?

I wouldn't worry about trying to get a 2.5 server up right now, plenty of people still use (or prefer) 2.4.2. We will certainly upgrade, Fish's TTS mod would sweeten the deal tho.

Enjoy your honeymoon m8, hope you have many happy years too. Wink
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:15 am

w00t, best wishes Raven, enjoy Ur honeymoon m8 bounce Cool Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 5:59 am

congrats RAVEN

have fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Raven
Clan Member
Raven

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:02 am

Thanx all for the best wishes Smile

lost wrote:
Sounds are easily reverted for a regular 2.5 server: https://prophets.aforumfree.com/settings-f1/242-sounds-t222.htm Wink

Nex gun model could be done in a similar way, I'll need to find out how to scale it tho. Another option would be to use a totally different (ie sniper rifle) model or none at all.

Muzzle flash isn't an issue here, maybe just turn the particles down?

I wouldn't worry about trying to get a 2.5 server up right now, plenty of people still use (or prefer) 2.4.2. We will certainly upgrade, Fish's TTS mod would sweeten the deal tho.

Enjoy your honeymoon m8, hope you have many happy years too. Wink

The 2.4.2 sounds-pk3 rox btw Very Happy

How do I turn down particles?
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Under the effects menu there's options for particle quality & distance, minimising those improves visibility when things get hectic. Wink
Back to top Go down
Raven
Clan Member
Raven

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:57 am

Thanx!
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:32 pm

oki now we have a nice 2.5 server Smile

good job raven i love the server
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2.5 Minsta Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.5 Minsta Server   2.5 Minsta Server Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2.5 Minsta Server
Page 1 of 1