Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::: European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan .:::. Best Frags & Finest Movements since Jan. 2009 :::.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

Instagib - Old-School Minsta

Go down 
+5
painless
Fant1
Growl
Art
lost
9 posters

Would you like to try Instagib?
Sure
Instagib - Old-School Minsta Empty83%Instagib - Old-School Minsta Empty
 83% [ 10 ]
No thx
Instagib - Old-School Minsta Empty17%Instagib - Old-School Minsta Empty
 17% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
lost
Side Admin
lost

Instagib - Old-School Minsta Empty
PostSubject: Instagib - Old-School Minsta   Instagib - Old-School Minsta Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 9:37 am

We've spammed about it in the members section, time for it's own thread methinks. Wink

Basically, one of our members was reminiscing about their past in Nexuiz & mentioning instagib sparked the interest of others.

So, what's the difference to Minstagib? No pups, no hook & no TTS mod covers the bases AFAIK. As a little extra old-school cool, I could offer old sounds & Nex model (from the 2.3 release at least)...

Let us know if you're interested & if we're missing anything.
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com/
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

PostSubject: Re: Instagib - Old-School Minsta   Instagib - Old-School Minsta Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:47 pm

You want you make insta server instead 1on1#2, right?
Then I should add that we really should do it, because last month even 1on1#1 wasn't full (or I missed that moment) adn #2 was empty for 90% of time(As you guess it's because 2.4.2). So it will be just more useful using of server and I also really want to try this mode!
And you all so wondering about "old times" with cool games and without argument, so maybe Old-School insta will make a deja vu for some of you Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Instagib - Old-School Minsta   Instagib - Old-School Minsta Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:11 pm

Sure, if this were to replace anything it'd be 1:1 #2.

We always spoke of other game modes but never got round to it. We'll be switching to 2.5.2 when it's released as 2.4.2 is starting to prove quite restrictive by comparison. A trip down nostalgia lane may be nice for some of us. Wink
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Instagib - Old-School Minsta   Instagib - Old-School Minsta Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 8:47 pm

I also remember times, when there was no hook used in the game Wink

A big YES for instagib!

- no pups
- no hook
- no spawnprotection

How about refire-rate?

And for me we don't even need 1on1 #1 and #2...they are not frequented anymore
Back to top Go down
Fant1
Inactiv Clan Member
Fant1

PostSubject: Re: Instagib - Old-School Minsta   Instagib - Old-School Minsta Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 8:56 pm

Nice idea I agree.
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: Instagib - Old-School Minsta   Instagib - Old-School Minsta Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:20 pm

growl Smile the shot row is lower of course Smile but it's gonna be fun anyways Very Happy

so just choose the option SURE Very Happy i wanna try that
Back to top Go down
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

PostSubject: Re: Instagib - Old-School Minsta   Instagib - Old-School Minsta Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:51 pm

Growl wrote:
How about refire-rate?

I guess it was lower than in mista? then make it lower Very Happy
Back to top Go down
charlie bravo
Inactiv Clan Member
charlie bravo

PostSubject: Re: Instagib - Old-School Minsta   Instagib - Old-School Minsta Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:30 am

As long as I can find the server when I filter for the 'insta' sequence, it's fine with me Wink .
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Instagib - Old-School Minsta   Instagib - Old-School Minsta Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:23 pm

sounds good to me Smile bounce drunken Basketball
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: Instagib - Old-School Minsta   Instagib - Old-School Minsta Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:49 am

when is the server on¿
Back to top Go down
-maniac|Su-
Side Admin
-maniac|Su-

PostSubject: Re: Instagib - Old-School Minsta   Instagib - Old-School Minsta Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:51 am

- no hook
- no spawnprotection
- low refire-rate?

sounds like DCC's for me tongue

Su
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Instagib - Old-School Minsta   Instagib - Old-School Minsta Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:39 am

Would you guys actually want a longer reload time?

@ Pain, no rush m8. Wink
Back to top Go down
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

PostSubject: Re: Instagib - Old-School Minsta   Instagib - Old-School Minsta Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:57 am

Yea it's will be pretty simmilar to DCC, but as for me DCC's server is bad...dunno maybe I'm wrong but there are some problem with shots. I mean that it shots with a little pause after I ckick fire. Don't have other ideas why noobs pwn me there Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: Instagib - Old-School Minsta   Instagib - Old-School Minsta Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:33 am

a longer reload???
the normal one is 1.2 sec? the minsta one probably is from 0.6 to 0.8 sec dunno but make it longer than 1.2 sec? that would be awesome
cuz u know like being in front of some1 after u killed another one Smile and u can't kill him lol!

rounds are gonna be longer and i think it's gonna be more fun but we should try the normal insta for now Smile
Back to top Go down
Raven
Clan Member
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Instagib - Old-School Minsta   Instagib - Old-School Minsta Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:54 am

I don't see the point in a seperate instagib server as there is next to no difference between minsta and normal insta, especially if I find a way to turn off powerups from the server config.
I can make a votable alias for it that disables hook and powerups and turn on/off whatever setting is needed for "normal" instagib.

I don't know how old nexuiz actually is, but I've played nexuiz 5 years ago already, and there was already some form of instagib, I'm sure of that.
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Instagib - Old-School Minsta   Instagib - Old-School Minsta Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:17 am

I moved your post here Raven as I think it's more relevant.

I'd like to indulge in some Instagib & you certainly have a good point. A simple alias available via vcall/vdo would certainly be a good place to start.
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: Instagib - Old-School Minsta   Instagib - Old-School Minsta Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:00 am

so what's ravens idea? ¿¿?

make a call to the instagib mode? cuz making another server is pretty difficult and changing an existing one hmm well it's quite the same i think but whatever Very Happy
i'll be happy in any ways it goes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Instagib - Old-School Minsta   Instagib - Old-School Minsta Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Instagib - Old-School Minsta
Page 1 of 1