Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::: European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan .:::. Best Frags & Finest Movements since Jan. 2009 :::.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

social networks

Go down 
+4
-maniac|Su-
painless
lost
Art
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

social networks Empty
PostSubject: social networks   social networks Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:04 am

Hello mates!
Allways wanted to ask any foreign person if his county has any global social network?
I also heard about facebook and so on, but it's for english-speaking people, right? So what about german, italian, french.. do you have it?
Why I ask? In Russia we have one REALLY popular social network "vkontakte" (translate: "incontact" ) and it has 50000000 registered users. As for me it's really global one! Or I'm wrong? So do you have such big social networks too?
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

social networks Empty
PostSubject: Re: social networks   social networks Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:32 pm

I think Facebook is pretty global & I have some Chinese friends who have no problem using it... Wink

Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com/
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

social networks Empty
PostSubject: Re: social networks   social networks Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:55 pm

here in italy where even winter is hot Wink
we have facebook 2 and there r a lot of users Smile another thing i know is that in romania they have Hi5 and the a big part if not all of the romanian chatters r there Very Happy

even thought i don't use them Smile
Back to top Go down
-maniac|Su-
Side Admin
-maniac|Su-

social networks Empty
PostSubject: Re: social networks   social networks Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:03 pm

yep - here in germany is Facebook very common too
... andy studiVZ - schülerVZ aso. aso. aso. ....
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

social networks Empty
PostSubject: Re: social networks   social networks Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:18 pm

Oh, I thought that facebook is only on english... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

social networks Empty
PostSubject: Re: social networks   social networks Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:37 pm

facebook is famous and very used in EUROPE Wink and probably more in the US and Asia
strange russia doesn't use it that much Very Happy or it's u that didn't know that much about it m8 Wink
Back to top Go down
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

social networks Empty
PostSubject: Re: social networks   social networks Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:12 am

Nope, my friends don't do it too. Whole Russia uses vkontakte.
No reason to use facebook. Just imagine, 50 millions of users who speak on the same language with you. It's bigger than many countries Neutral
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

social networks Empty
PostSubject: Re: social networks   social networks Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:39 am

facebook here as well. there is another one used in Poland - nasza-klasa.pl (our class), helluva popular here, tho U won't find me on it ^^ and one more - first social portal in Poland, old but still popular - grono.net (grape).
I don't feel any need to be a part of that kind, when I want to be in contact with someone, I have it without using thatkind of portals. one exception - U peepz I love you Smile
oh and ppl use also myspace.
Back to top Go down
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

social networks Empty
PostSubject: Re: social networks   social networks Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:20 am

Yes, I don't like such sites too, but now I somehow has to use it. Vkontakte was made not as usual social network, it was made only for students and universities, so all my social student work is there, in vkontakte.
Back to top Go down
great8
Inactiv Clan Member

social networks Empty
PostSubject: Re: social networks   social networks Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:27 am

that is how in germany the VZ stuff began.. VZ is short for Verzeichnis (german word for "register")

it all started with StudiVZ made for students and was than upgraded by SchülerVZ (schüler=pupil) and by MeinVZ (mein=my)

StudiVZ and SchülerVZ are very commonly used amongst students and pupils but the older generation for example my parents, my grandparents, their friends, guys from my hockey team , and so on use "Wer-Kennt-Wen" ("who-knows-whom")

facebook is also very popular but i guess it is not used as much as the german networks. for the same reason of the language used...

myself.. i hate those networks but accepted them as a very good medium to keep track of your friendships... sounds stupid.. but the only thing i hate more than social network communication is actually calling someone by phone Razz

[edit] did some fact research and found out that StudiVZ at the moment has 15.5 x10^6 user.
wer-kennt-wen is used by approx. 7x10^6 user and is the social network in germany on which visitors spend most of their time oO [/edit]
Back to top Go down
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

social networks Empty
PostSubject: Re: social networks   social networks Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:37 am

May I have a link for this german network? (if it has english part)
Back to top Go down
great8
Inactiv Clan Member

social networks Empty
PostSubject: Re: social networks   social networks Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:52 am

http://www.meinvz.net/

studiVZ itself doesn't seem to exist in english anymore oO

http://www.wer-kennt-wen.de
is german only
Back to top Go down
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

social networks Empty
PostSubject: Re: social networks   social networks Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:55 am

Oh, then no chance for me even to watch through main page... danke anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
N4t4s
Forums Moderator
N4t4s

social networks Empty
PostSubject: Re: social networks   social networks Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:35 am

To the other ones really small..

Here in Bavaria lokalisten.de is kinda poular but it only has around 4-5million users
Back to top Go down
[Ex-Sophie] WYNBAD

[Ex-Sophie] WYNBAD

social networks Empty
PostSubject: Re: social networks   social networks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:10 pm

I personally loathe those sites - they have a doubtful privacy policy and are often used to mob or hassle certain members (at least here in germany it has become a *huge* problem). Also one should never forget that these networks were created not to bring people together, but simply to make money = track peoples interest and spam them.

Another (german only) community which is extremely popular is http://www.jappy.de/. One of my very first admin-jobs was working there, and I got so disgusted by their policy that I quit after not even a week.
Back to top Go down
-maniac|Su-
Side Admin
-maniac|Su-

social networks Empty
PostSubject: Re: social networks   social networks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 11:20 pm

oh oh oh - http://www.jappy.de/ - isn´t that the website on which dirty old man lookin´ for some sweet little sixteens? Shocked

btw. Welcome to Prophets forum •Sophie• - have a nice stay cyclops

Su
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com
[Ex-Sophie] WYNBAD

[Ex-Sophie] WYNBAD

social networks Empty
PostSubject: Re: social networks   social networks Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 6:18 am

Quote :
oh oh oh - http://www.jappy.de/ - isn´t that the website on which dirty old man lookin´ for some sweet little sixteens? Shocked

Ha, very true, yes! Though if I remember correctly, you may even only be 14 to become a member (or at least be able to act as if you are 14 already...).

Quote :
btw. Welcome to Prophets forum •Sophie• - have a nice stay cyclops

Oh thank you Su - I have registered here some time ago already but now finally found a thread in which I can somehow participate. I will do my best to behave nicely and not talk too much about dirty ol' men hunting teenage jailbait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

social networks Empty
PostSubject: Re: social networks   social networks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

social networks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan :: Entertainment :: Babble-
Jump to: