Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::: European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan .:::. Best Frags & Finest Movements since Jan. 2009 :::.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum.

Go down 
+6
charlie bravo
Banshee
-maniac|Su-
Bommel
DieHappy
O.I.B.
10 posters
AuthorMessage
O.I.B.

O.I.B.

It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. Empty
PostSubject: It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum.   It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:43 am

Hello PROPHETS,

I'm Stijn, 17 and living in Belgium, or in game "O.I.B." witch refers to "Old Is Better". That comes from DOS nostalgia, when they made good games Cool
Most of my time goes into playing nexuiz, studying for school (electronics) or making CG.
While my CG isen't that good, I love doing it. Using blender (can't wait for v. 2.5) and Luxrender (an unbiased physical render) you can get amazing results whit only GPL software I love you .
Now that I mention GPL: I'am a great fan of open source software. I only use open source software, apart from 2 apps that I need for school.
I also contribute graphics to a game called "Project Tether", its a remake of "Moonbase commander" a turned based strategy game.
In fact its the only turned based strategy game that I like, it was also awarded for the "Best game no one played" by ING. Laughing
However the remake isn't very impressive, whit development that goes in bursts.
As for nexuiz, I play either on the prophets server or on "Die Tuchten Guten" or something like that (instagib CTF).
Most of my skill comes from Counter-Strike, a game that I played for around 8 years. After changing to linux & losing my steam password I lost interest (in gaming in general). A few years later I discovered nexuiz from the ubuntu repositories, since then I've been playing it during the vacations. Rolling Eyes

Well I guess that's a quick summary of me cheers
Back to top Go down
DieHappy
Forums Moderator
DieHappy

PostSubject: Re: It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum.   It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:26 am

Hey O.I.B. welcome on Prophets forum.
Spam a lot and frag the whole bad boys in nex ... except me ! Twisted Evil
You started in a age of nine jears ego-shooter ?
When i was nine i build crashes with toy cars. affraid (The cop said other stuff but i don't care... Suspect )

See you in game.
Back to top Go down
O.I.B.

O.I.B.

PostSubject: Re: It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum.   It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:37 am

DieHappy wrote:
You started in a age of nine jears ego-shooter ?

Hehe, when I was 3 I played wolfenstein 3D whit my dad. He walked around and I had to shoot the bad guys Razz
A lot of people think playing shooters at a young age makes people aggressive, however I'm peace itself Very Happy (I'd never harm anyone except bugs).
I also played a lot of Team fortress classic before CS and C&C before that.
The biggest reason I played games at a young age is because my older brothers where playing them, and we where a very technical family (first to have a computer in the street).
Back to top Go down
Bommel

Bommel

PostSubject: Re: It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum.   It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:38 am

Hehe, we have some similarities Smile
1) Doing CG as a hobby too
2) Blender and Luxrender user (I'm FrogOnCoffee/Spohst there)
3) I discovered Nexuiz through the Ubuntu repositories (and I lost interest to games mostly after switching to Linux too - seems to be common)

Can't remember that I saw you ingame though. Could be my bad memory though Wink
Otherwise: Be Welcome here & May the peace be with you! Smile
Back to top Go down
O.I.B.

O.I.B.

PostSubject: Re: It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum.   It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:51 am

[quote=]You started in a age of nine jears ego-shooter ? [/quote]
I think I started at 8 now I think of it.
However you must know, I spent most of my time playing outside Wink and it was a bit on and of too.

Quote :
Hehe, we have some similarities Smile
1) Doing CG as a hobby too
2) Blender and Luxrender user (I'm FrogOnCoffee/Spohst there)
3) I discovered Nexuiz through the Ubuntu repositories (and I lost interest to games mostly after switching to Linux too - seems to be common)

Can't remember that I saw you ingame though. Could be my bad memory though Wink
Otherwise: Be Welcome here & May the peace be with you! Smile

Sweet, I know the person behind that image was a nexuiz player but I never saw you ingame (really nice render too)
Ingame I mostly remember: maniac | su but that is a year or maybe 2 years ago, Die happy and another prophets player (will remember his name when I see it)
Back to top Go down
-maniac|Su-
Side Admin
-maniac|Su-

PostSubject: Re: It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum.   It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:53 am

Hi Stijn,

nice to meet you here Smile
Have a cool stay and spam a lot .... Rolling Eyes
btw. I like Belgium very much - Osteende and Brussels - nice cities -- and at most the belgium food - pommes pommes pommes Twisted Evil
But best of all is the flemish language: Kitekat - for kieskeurige katten =D

Hope you stay here for a while and cu in game

Su
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum.   It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:31 am

hello Stijn, nice to meet U, welcome to our forum Smile
yeah Wolfenstein 3d, I remember that Smile
I think U played yesterday evening, have fun both here and on servers Smile
cU around
Smile
Back to top Go down
O.I.B.

O.I.B.

PostSubject: Re: It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum.   It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:38 am

Thanks for all the welcoming messages Very Happy

@ -maniac|Su-
I'm moving to Osteende in a year or 2 Smile its a nice city indeed (wish I could say something about Germany, but I've never been there)
Also you do know that pommes isn't Flemish but French? (its appel in Flemish/Dutch spoken much the same way as in English)
I won't be in game after Monday (I'll only have my laptop and nexuiz doesn't run on it)

@ Banshee
I was indeed playing yesterday evening.

Now that I know some of the people here I'll keep an eye open for you ingame.

Well, cu around, all
Back to top Go down
charlie bravo
Inactiv Clan Member
charlie bravo

PostSubject: Re: It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum.   It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 6:53 am

yea yea yea, he's good'n'ice... and... he's not recalling my name bounce .
Welcome to the forum, OIB, have fun and spam like hell Smile ..

It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. Stolen10

CB
Back to top Go down
Lady Doom
Side Admin
Lady Doom

PostSubject: Re: It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum.   It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:17 am

Welcome on Prophets forum Smile

Nice to see You here. We played yesterday. You are not bad Razz

Hope to see You soon Wink
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum.   It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Good intro, glad you found us. Wink

Now you've introduced yourself, we're hungry for spam. alien

PS. Duke rocks! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com/
O.I.B.

O.I.B.

PostSubject: Re: It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum.   It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:18 am

@charlie bravo
hehe, I'm very bad at remembering names, please forgive me bounce
The only person or clan that I really remember clear is "LEGION OF CAPS" <- who would want a name like that?

@lost
You seem to be the first to see that the title comes from duke nukem Rolling Eyes nice.

Also I now remember that I used to play as "Pistol Shrimp", referring to a small sea animal that can shoot a flame-thrower like thing (that's 5000°C Shocked )
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum.   It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:33 am

Welcome O.I.B. Smile

Hope u'll have fun here and in game and to meet to there from time to time Wink

Nice graphics for Project tether btw.(only watched your artwork)

I am pretty noobish in this stuff, specially in blender :p

Well, cu around cat
Back to top Go down
Raven
Clan Member
Raven

PostSubject: Re: It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum.   It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:57 pm

Welkom Stijn Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum.   It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan :: Prophets Nexuiz & Xonotic Stuff :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: