Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::: European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan .:::. Best Frags & Finest Movements since Jan. 2009 :::.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

Whats your gaming style?

Go down 
+15
Art
Thalan
Crrazzyrulezz
od@r
-maniac|Su-
Pimp
Xone [PK]
vectoralpha
Lady Doom
Agrypnos
PCLizard
Banshee
Bommel
lost
Growl
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

Whats your gaming style? Empty
PostSubject: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:55 am

Hey ho !

I am curious about the settings you use while playing with nexuiz, but i am fair and don't want to spy so i tell u first what things i prefer Very Happy

I play with really low graphic details, everything off, no gibs no particels, no light.
Only the resolution is up to the native one of my tft 1280x1024.

My mouse is slow, i use a sensetivity of 1.65 and lowering it every few days a bit more to have mor accuracy.
So i do a full turn in 11cm on my desk...yeah i have no mouse-pad Smile

So what else...i dont hear music while playing, only listening to your nex-beam and hook.

The aiming-style i play with is strafe-aiming. I think free aiming without doing so much left and right moves is a lot better, but i have NO aiming skill when doing like this.

Erm...i prefer laser-jumps more than using the hook
And normal jumping sucks....i just run around like a dead chicken

I hope u tell me your game style the same way Smile

Regards

P.S.: My best games are when i start playing, because the heater in my chamber is too small for the size of the room, so i get very cold hands after playing more than 5 rounds....i am better in the summer time sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:39 am

Nice post Smile

I set the graphic options to max, then disable real-time lights & shadows, hdr, sky & gibs. I've also capped my fps down to ninety-something which helps keep everything (including connection) more consistent.

I have a £6 800dpi mouse, running the sensitivity at 24/25 with no pad. This, along with a widescreen & 110 fov lets me get the odd luck reflex shot. I mostly get by with strafe-aiming tho.

Music? I used to have it quiet so I could hear where people were. Now I always have something blasting out loud, the genres include chillout, trip-hop, techno, rock & metal.

I jump & laser jump quite a lot, tho from looking at your demos that's exactly when you kill me. A preference toward hook may be on the cards. Razz

CU soon, 2 mins of work left bounce
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com/
Bommel

Bommel

PostSubject: 3...2...1...mine:   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:47 am

Quote :
Hey ho !
Thief! Very Happy

Some senseless descriptons:
Graphicdetails: more or less the same as lost (also cl_maxfps set to 93 Smile, no dyn shadows/lights (and of yourse no HDR/Bloom) - 19'' TFT - 1280*1024
Mouse: Razer Copperhead (2000dpi - have it from a friend for 20 Euros)
Mousepad: errr....yes....theres not one letter on this stupid thing. So I cant say what it is Smile
FOV: 120

Style:
lol.
err....yeah...
do I have one?
not really...

but Im playing with a sens of 0.6 actually, with delievers excellent aiming for me. (lost, 24? I would die with that Smile)
Im using (cause of my sens) more hooking than jumping.... some normal jumping to avoid to get hit...and running around like an idiot for the same reason.
Im normally aim at the nearest person. If I see somebody which is "dangerous" (like you Wink) tthen I try to shoot him/her first.
I also try to turn not more than 120 degrees, cause it takes a while with my sense Very Happy

Music: I NEED MUSIC, or I wouldnt hit. Very Happy (mostly metal like Serj Tarkan, Eluveite, Reiter etc.)

P.S: My best games are somewhere in the middle Wink

If your interested in my config, I can post it of course.

Last edited by Brecht van Bommel on Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the vof... fof...vov...damn.)
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 5:33 am

Quote :
but Im playing with a sens of 0.6 actually, with delievers excellent aiming for me. (lost, 24? I would die with that Smile)
If it weren't for the deep wood-grain on my desk I'd play with it on max. Maybe not the most accurate setting, I do like it when a reflex shot works out tho, say 1 in a 100. Wink
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 8:18 pm

medium/high graphic settings, 1280x1024 res, coronas, dynamic light and bloom off, gibs of course enabled I love them Twisted Evil , mouse sens 11. hook sometimes, laser jumps often especially on evilspace or skyway, fragging nearest person or the one in front of me to save time even if he/she is far away of me, if there are many players to kill near me I always take out "the most dangerous" first, then the rest. I have small mouse pad, 180 degrees turn takes about 4-5 cm, fov 115 changing sometimes to 120 (LOL how Pat plays with 90 Shocked I tried that, uhh failed very fast). didnt set max fps but maybe I should do that. always recording demos.
I have very small crosshair.never using zoom.Music from nexuiz.didn't change anything in original config, I only changed in-game settings.
aiming- combined free and strafe-aiming.
using optical mouse with 800 dpi.

style? heh dunno, watch me & Lady, we play practically the same style.

playing on 2.4 version but I guess I had best games on 2.3 or maybe it's just the lack of time now, Ive been playing much more in the past.
but still I guess Im not bad in this game.

cheers looking forward for fun with Ya all Basketball Smile
Back to top Go down
PCLizard

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:29 am

Settings: Medium (Textures at "best")
FPS: 300 FPS (I set cl_maxfps to 300 to ensure stability. It gets over 1100 fps at times, sometimes freezing. Two GTX 260s FTW!)
FoV: 120
Crosshair: http://files.filefront.com/crosshair12tga/;11994722;/fileinfo.html
Crosshair Color: Yellow
Preferred game types: CTF, 1v1, TDM
Other Settings: "r_fullbright 1", "r_drawviewmodel 0"
Movement: I'm pretty good at circle strafing. I use the laser sometimes for jumping. I'm also good at trickjumps.
Game name: [M|T]PC|izard!BAF!
Other information:
I've been playing nexuiz for about a year now.
I'm in NA (USA).
I've been in three clans now (I'm still in two of them): Anole (My own clan, it died a long time ago =P), MiT, and BAF(Minstagib clan)
Back to top Go down
Agrypnos
Inactiv Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:01 am

Resolution: 1280x1024x32
Field of View: 140

Effects are at Ultimate, but no dynamic lighting/shadows, no bloom and no HDR.
I am usually around 350 FPS.

When I'm playing, I sometimes listen to music, but mainly I just listen to your hooks and laser jumps to locate you Wink
I am playing with a custom Nex Beam, I can't see my enemies with that huge standard one.

Generally I aim at the player next to me. I'm using a Razer Copperhead (2000 dpi) and ingame sensitivity is at 8.4.
My mouse-pad: Raptor-Gaming P4 (It's HUUUUGEE)

I love the Laser-Jump, I'm using it more often than the stupid Grappling-Hook.
Zooming sucks, but on vast maps like silvercity I sometimes use it: Zoom-Factor 3.5.

When I'm shooting at someone far away I jump around like a frog on coffee to avoid getting hit.
I'm using a 19" TFT: BenQ FP93GX, but I'd like to have a bigger one (widescreen would be great).

Edited FoV, mouse and -pad

Last edited by Agrypnie on Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:15 am

A frog on coffee, hehe n1. Very Happy

AKA: Brecht van Bommel What a Face
Back to top Go down
Lady Doom
Side Admin
Lady Doom

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:05 pm

I have 2 styles: drunk and sober What a Face
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:32 pm

Quote :
I have 2 styles: drunk and sober What a Face

Very funny when we all switch to drunk mode^^
Easy to see at me, when i try the 10th time to laserjump over a wall....and fail again Razz

@Agrypnie

I have the same tft as u, and i also want another now. Because Lost told me he is playing on a 34" wide screen display oO
Or was it 23" scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:10 pm

Dell 23" m8, 1920x1080. Wink

I think it's Feo who plays on a TV.

A 16/9 monitor does help a bit, you can get away with a lower FOV, I'm using 100 atm.
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:21 am

Twisted Evil bounce Drunken Mastery FTW bounce Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Bommel

Bommel

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:34 am

Quote :
A frog on coffee, hehe n1.

AKA: Brecht van Bommel
lawl'd Wink Very Happy

Croaak!

You dont have to understand that above... santa
Back to top Go down
vectoralpha
Side Admin
vectoralpha

PostSubject: lol   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:07 am

I miss my favorite frog bounce
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com
Xone [PK]

Xone [PK]

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:52 pm

ok what could i say...

im testing a fov 97 atm and a mouse sens of 1.85 (normal fov:113, sens. 3.2)
graphic: all details low lower lowest! ~300-500 fps 1280x800x16bit

style: hmmm... my aiming is 70%keyboard - 30%mouse btw. im using a razer diamondback with 1800dpi and a 22" widescreen LCD
mostly im turning to the left and right , left left right left right right ...sometimes a jump and sometimes a laser-jumpxD
i like the hook and i use it sometimes...

Regards
Xone
Back to top Go down
http://playerkiller.toxicfarm.com
Pimp

Pimp

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 11:29 pm

my gaming style is very bad Razz Razz Razz

afro
Back to top Go down
-maniac|Su-
Side Admin
-maniac|Su-

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:54 am

Whats your gaming style????

dunno - just fire and hope to hit pig
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com
Pimp

Pimp

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:46 am

maniac|Su wrote:
Whats your gaming style????

dunno - just fire and hope to hit pig

me too lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
od@r

od@r

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:51 pm

style?....wait the minute....em....?....??.....!!!, ou yeah,moving,jumping and shooting,is it right? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://nknexuiz.slovakforum.net/
Crrazzyrulezz

Crrazzyrulezz

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:33 am

standing in the corner and waiting for enemys....sometimes i close my eyes affraid
Back to top Go down
Thalan

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:46 am

Ah, that's why I suck so much: I forgot the shooting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crrazzyrulezz

Crrazzyrulezz

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 4:54 am

simple thing...take ur aimbot and u will win...thats my skill cheers
Back to top Go down
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:31 am

I'm sure you all know my gaming style, especially in 1on1 Smile I used to jump a lot and use hook much, but in my oppinion the best way to win - good accuracy, so I really try to improve it.
The most funny for me is that I haven't changed any gameplay settings AT ALL Razz
So my mouse sens is 22.6, mouse speed is 2.3
just made my graphic settings on normal and switched off dynamic lighting(they are too annoying) cyclops
If you have any advices how to improve my skills by changing settings I will be happy to listen to them Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Svensk
Inactiv Clan Member
Svensk

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:44 am

lol the same i did....nothing Very Happy
only brightness al little bit higher Smile
mouse....brrr first have to look but "she" is fast Wink
and my style....hmm i look for my "enemy" ...how his style is and then i try to copy a little bit Wink
the hook i use not much...more sec fire Smile
sometimes im to much in the air i think...because then i get shoot!! Very Happy
i like to play vs. Xone and growl...i think the are "none-jumpers" Wink
Back to top Go down
Agrypnos
Inactiv Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:56 pm

Important thing would be Field of View.

I'm using fov 140.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming style?   Whats your gaming style? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats your gaming style?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next