Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::: European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan .:::. Best Frags & Finest Movements since Jan. 2009 :::.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

Prophets server suggestions & requests

Go down 
+4
Growl
Banshee
painless
lost
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lost
Side Admin
lost

Prophets server suggestions & requests Empty
PostSubject: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 12:15 am

Please mention any requests or suggestions regarding our servers here. For map requests please see here.

I'll start with a popular request: Prophets to have master status via a VDO login.
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com/
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 12:04 am

so i spoke to lost guys and we agreed with a thing i hope u agree 2
i asked him to gave to the prophets the password to be masters and i also asked him to give it even to the villains cuz they r good friends of us and we trust them Wink

so answer and let the opinions fly Smile
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 2:55 am

sounds ok to me Smile
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:27 am

Done, see your PM's. Wink
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:32 am

Total control....Kick them all Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Raven
Clan Member
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:24 am

painless wrote:
so i spoke to lost guys and we agreed with a thing i hope u agree 2
i asked him to gave to the prophets the password to be masters and i also asked him to give it even to the villains cuz they r good friends of us and we trust them Wink

so answer and let the opinions fly Smile

Fine with me Smile

Growl wrote:
Total control....Kick them all Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Plz don't abuse your admin-powers Rolling Eyes (yes, I know you are kidding, but others might not... Wink)
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 4:14 am

Can we switch the 1on1 server into a minsta-CTF server?

I am thinking about 3v3.

I think this gamemode will get more important in some time and it would be nice if we could offer it Smile
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:29 am

that could be a great idea Wink
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:50 am

we already spoke while we were playing Wink

it could be great making a ctf minsta server 3on3

we could train in case thalan make a new tournament or just to have fun

i think people should reply as soon as possible Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Agrypnos
Inactiv Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:29 am

I am definitely in favour of creating a 3 on 3 Minsta-CTF-Server.
It's great fun and we have some great players here as well. cheers
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:42 pm

I had some ctf games in past in q3a (oh "holy shit" comment was great^^) , sounds ok to me, minsta ctf could be fun Smile Basketball
Back to top Go down
-maniac|Su-
Side Admin
-maniac|Su-

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:02 pm

I think a 3vs3 CTF-Minst-Server will be overcrowded every day ...... Sad

So I prefer a 5vs5 CTF-Server ..... and IMO we have enough prophets-gamer to build a CTF-Team.
Also it depend on the size of the map - in CTF there exists really huge maps so a 3-player team will be to small.

I'll be afraid if Team-Turbo takes command of our Server Shocked

Our normal server needs a expand to 10 players - often he is full so I can't connect Sad
The assortment of maps are to small - We need more maps.
I know nobody likes maps like for example silver city or o-fun but they belongs to nexuiz - so what - u all will bear those too. Twisted Evil

maniac|Su
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:02 am

first she's wrong for the 5vs5 that will be too much for me i lag on our server with more than 8 players i saw it yesterday Smile

second she's right we will write a thing like NO TEAM TURBO SERVER or we can just kick them out Wink (now that we can join as masters)

they can't take control of our server, that's no place for them
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:56 am

I think 3v3 is better, because:

1) faster, it won't take so much bandwidth
2) we can build a CTF-Team of 3 people easily
3) Smaller servers doesn't attract ppl like Team Turbo e.g. (as u noticed, we have nearly no spammers/idiots on our server)
4) Little Players, Smaller maps = means faster action

In one point i agree with Su: OUr normal server should be updated to 10 players, so that at least all prophets can come in Smile

Quote :
I know nobody likes maps like for example silver city or o-fun but they belongs to nexuiz - so what - u all will bear those too. Twisted Evil

I don't see a reason why we should play maps, that noone likes oO

Same goes for the CTF maps, NO big maps on a 3v3 or 5v5 server.
If u play sometimes on ToT's minsta CTF u see that around 30-50% of all matches were ended via "vcall" because the maps are to huge or crap for minsta ctf

---------------------------------------------------------

I will open a poll about about CTF-team size.
If we find 5 ppl who want to play CTF in a team i change my opinion into 5v5 Wink
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:34 am

I've spoken about ctf in your other post, so on to the rest... Wink

Extra maps will be coming our way the very second the tourney is over, hopefully some fresh ones too. Get listing your fav's in Growl's thread linked in my 1st post. Wink

Regards player slots, I tried to raise that the other day but it required a restart of the nexuiz server application, only Raven can do that. Painless doesn't always have the best ping on our server so he's probably more sensitive to packet loss than the rest of us. He is right tho, there is still a tiny bit & you can just feel it when the server is full. What I'll do is raise the connections to 10 but use the tourney mod to limit players to 8. I'll do it now but it'll only work once restarted.

Finally, Team turbo... Well, they seem to have given us a wide birth so far. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Raven
Clan Member
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:44 am

I'm fine with 10 slots for now. But there are two possible problems:

1) Lag; since my provider did some maintanance it's running alot better, but you can still feel it with 8 people, what will it do with 10?

2) Traffic. My server has a limited ammount of traffic/month, as of now I'm not over the limit yet, but it's growing really fast since I put up the servers. No need for alarm yet, but I'm keeping an eye on it...

For either of those, two spectator slots instead of player slots won't differ much I'm affraid. Wether you're playing or spectating, nearly the same ammount of traffic needs to be send. Might as well make it 10 players slots right now and see what happens. Unless people prefer to play with no more then 8 people (like I do; I prefer matches with 4 or 5 people max.)

I was planning on restarting the servers tonight, but the server is full of people at the moment. Will do it when I find a moment when there's no one playing.

Btw, a suggestion: Everyone should have the same skin: https://prophets.aforumfree.com/voting-f6/everyone-same-skin-t169.htm

Last edited by raven on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:42 pm

Thank you for upgrading to 10 player slots.

Often i didn't get a slot late at night, but now it will be fine (I hope)
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:50 pm

A useful bind for anyone playing on our servers or any other server running the tournament mod:

bind MOUSE3 "cmd force_reset_view; echo ^1TILT"

Use this if you spawn with a tilted viewpoint. You may need to toggle crouch on & off before you're totally ready to frag. Wink
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:20 am

Nice bind and very usefull, thanks for sharing Smile
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:01 am

yeah T, thx, I always forget that command Smile
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:22 am

hey guys what about new maps Smile
haven't seen new maps for a while Wink
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:54 am

can we test my little slaughterhouse Question plz Smile Question What a Face hmm should be music there before testing, don't U think ?
and there is Marc's map coming soon, one already done + Tony's map Smile can we have them on server ? plz ? Smile
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 6:30 am

what banshee said Wink
i wanna see those new maps and if growl or banshee or Lost could record their desktop while doing a map well that will be helpful for me so i can help them with images fire things glowing things anything Very Happy
but as i said Very Happy "if"
else i won't watch the tutorials i would like to see what u can do
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:19 pm

no Suggestion And no request, just little info:

Here >>>>Serverstats<<<< you can see, how many ppl like your server and more.

At Moment we are with Prophets DM @ #5 in the whole Nexuiz Server-verse Smile

And we can see that ppl love CTF. So an upcoming CTF-Server would be a big deal for us Smile

Suggestion: Do it like PK and post our web-adress during the games to attract more attention
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:04 pm

We're slipping, #6 already. pirat

That's quite impressive really, calculated from nothing more than the player numbers & we have only 10 slots. Cool

I don't see the need to spam our address out in game, we're easy to find. It wouldn't hurt to have the address in the MOTD tho.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prophets server suggestions & requests   Prophets server suggestions & requests Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prophets server suggestions & requests
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next