Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::: European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan .:::. Best Frags & Finest Movements since Jan. 2009 :::.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!

Go down 
+2
Banshee
Fish
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fish
Clan Member
Fish

Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! Empty
PostSubject: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:14 am

The developers are apparently very sorry BLAH BLAH but unfortunately its the only way to continue development BLAH... Long story short, once Xonotic is out, it will come with a monthly description fee of €15 (!), and a closed source client (!!), the "reasons" are laid out in detail in their faq: http://www.xonotic.org/faq/

There wont be a server program (client only), neither closed nor open source, so you'll only be able to play on the official subscription based servers.

The official Xonotic client wont even be available for download from xonotic.org, although their planning to distribute it through steam and such. Plus, you can order a dvd from them for €30, NOT including the first monthly subscription. LOL, i wonder if this is PLUS shipping and handling, cause it didnt say in the faq.

Oh, and btw the Linux and Mac variants will be dropped and the Windows DVD will come with SecuROM copy protection.

I could continue to play on 2.5.2 servers as long as there are any, but that would only be postponing the inevitable. So as of today, i am announcing my official resignation from the Nexuiz community. It was fun playing with all you guys. You are a great community, and it was fun while it lasted. Now look at the bottom right (at least thats where it is for me).
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:42 am

drunken isn't today april fool's day ? Laughing drunken Cool
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:06 am

Lol, I have a hard time believing anything on April 1st. alien

See you soon m8. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com/
Fish
Clan Member
Fish

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:50 pm

lol no-one ever seems to believe my april fools day pranks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
-maniac|Su-
Side Admin
-maniac|Su-

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:57 pm

Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! 9f6dc981b4e90dffff0e71db8e058449

Su
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com
od@r

od@r

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:06 pm

Hello my Friends...
the whole thing around nexuiz is a very sad, many of us believe that Nexuiz or xonotic will be for people, we have a lot of playing together, not only survived but a lot of fun and adventure but leave all of us because of this situation is not pleasant for us, I firmly believe that it is still many times we meet together and they would play well

and about pay for nexuiz and xonotic is here:
http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=15&page=3

greetz,rado
Back to top Go down
http://nknexuiz.slovakforum.net/
Shadowstrike(NFC)

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:43 am

ohh my god u scared me.. =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!
Page 1 of 1