Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::: European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan .:::. Best Frags & Finest Movements since Jan. 2009 :::.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

Nexuiz Mapping

Go down 
+19
iron [PK]
charlie bravo
organic
kay
qbit
DieHappy
Art
tceins@playerkiller.de
Thalan
Slatte
Fant1
painless
-maniac|Su-
Ravage
Lady Doom
Bommel
lost
Banshee
Growl
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
lost
Side Admin
lost

Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:29 am

DH, you're certainly on the right way, the car up top is pretty damn good for Netradiant too. Keep up the good work m8. Smile

Art, there's certainly nothing in the map that makes that sound. scratch
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com/
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:16 pm

lost wrote:

Art, there's certainly nothing in the map that makes that sound. scratch

But it's there Wink Any ideas Banish?
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:07 pm

dont have any idea why they hear that sound :S Question scratch I can say for sure that I dont hear it :S at least I didnt notice during so many matches on it.
Back to top Go down
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:54 pm

Well, as you see Lost said the same, but yesterday Lost, me and Charliebravo heared this sound all in same time Wink
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:54 pm

I heard it for the 1st time last night & we all heard it at the same time. Smile I wonder, was everyone using 2.5.1? I was (even tho I still had 2.4 in my name) & maybe that's why I hadn't heard it before? Either way, it's nothing distracting, just curious how we hear it - it's not in the map. scratch
Back to top Go down
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:44 pm

Hehe Very Happy I've found that sound bounce You remember cool little hidden door? I like it very much so I try to use it in my frags Razz So when I shot at the door and push it by pressing forward all players hear this sound Laughing So it sounds only when someone goes through this door rabbit
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:51 pm

Very Happy looks like potd has in-built proximity sensor Very Happy hehe I dont have any idea where it came from but nice work m8, U solved that Smile Cool
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:57 pm

Does it happen every time for you? Makes no Message beep here, just normal clunk.
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:07 pm

well, I didnt notice such thing, but there is always a possibility I missed that cuz of drunk berserker mode Very Happy drunken Basketball I was on 2.3 most of games there, I play 2.5.1 lately to get use to it. will check l8r at home if that sound will appear Wink
Back to top Go down
DieHappy
Forums Moderator
DieHappy

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:38 am

So the map is ready. Some things on it are not so great but it is enough.
And now i need a long break from mapping.
There is an error with a spawn point, if someone can fix it ? I dont find the bug.

http://omploader.org/vMjN5aw
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:59 am

The 2nd time a cat has made me laugh today. Wink

Nice work DH. Smile

Regards the spawn point, I guess it may be something simple like touching a wall. I'll certainly have a look tomorrow for you.

I have a missing texture at the top, is that sky or part of the wall? If it's sky I could make a simple skybox too, let me know.

Spot the kitty:

Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Carpark

PS. Nice registration plates too, didn't spot those before. Wink
Back to top Go down
DieHappy
Forums Moderator
DieHappy

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:46 pm

I checked all spawnpoints cant find the error.
The missing texture is a sky, it would be nice if you can make a skiebox out of it.
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:00 pm

I'll take a look in few minutes at Ur map file m8 Smile didnt check the map itself in game yet, but I will Smile I will post if I find something, I mean if I find it, Im gonna fix it and post the fixed .map file Wink Smile cheers cheers

edit:

took a look and everything seems to be ok, just in case I moved spawnpoitns and misc_teleporter_destination by one or two units so they dont touch anything for sure, dunno if it helps or not. Ive sent .map file to DH.
and Im very impressed by the number of details, DH did great job ! *bows down* very nice m8 Smile
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:51 am

The problem was with the spawn in the stairwell as it was too close to the wall - they like a bit of space. Wink

I made the elevator doors a little thinner so they look better when open & added a skybox for ya. I made a more natural sky but I couldn't get it to show in my shader list (half my defaults are missing too). Sad I think you'll recognise this one from evilspace. pirat

If you are happy with the changes I can upload it to the server later - providing Raven hasn't removed it for his lan party by then. Wink

'eretiz: http://omploader.org/vMjQ0MQ

PS. I would never have found the secret pup if I hadn't opened it up in Radiant - well hidden. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DieHappy
Forums Moderator
DieHappy

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:36 am

I like it, thank you.
Now the doors from the elevator looks much better.
Dont know but i saw the skie anywhere scratch
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:22 am

No problem m8, glad to help. Smile

Does the sky appear plain black or chequered like the above picture? If it appears chequered then maybe the sky shader needs packaging, I assumed it was part of Nexuiz but I could well be wrong. What a Face If it appears solid black then you may need to set 'r_sky 1' - if you've ever tried one of our config's there's a good chance it would have been disabled.

It should look like this:
Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Carpark2

I'll get it on the server, can't wait to give it a coat of blood. Twisted Evil cheers

PS. & I agree with Kuba, the details are great. Smile I originally thought you'd imported models for stuff like the fire extinguishers - seeing that u made them in NetRad is quite impressive. Cool
Back to top Go down
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:06 am

I have a problem with tomb.
Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Dddddd22Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Dddddd23
I guess they shouldn't be like this...
Back to top Go down
DieHappy
Forums Moderator
DieHappy

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:37 pm

Sorry, the skie is all right but i can't see evilspace any more. Razz

I heared about a problem, a few days before i played with a noob and he said that all maps he downloaded in game are completely black.
It was not the first time i heared this problem. Is there a way to solve it ?
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:54 pm

for the noob that downloads black maps Smile he can go to the alientrap site with maps and download it from there
when i have the black map i usually rejoin the server and the maps works fine

for art's picture well i can just tell a texture is missing Smile

did u downloaded the map while u were in the game or u downloaded the file from a site or link?

cuz u know art the mac os x kinda uncompress the pk3 files and makes it in pieces with all the textures and files Smile (that's a bad thing)
so if the original map has the texture and u don't Smile u might have lost it Wink

it happend to me soooo many times Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:19 pm

ups, sorry m8s forgot to paste textures in pk3 drunken What a Face
Ive sent the good pk3 to Tony, just delete the one U have m8s.
or use the same link Ive sent to T :
http://odsiebie.com/pokaz/4670134---dc89.html
this should be ok, fixed few things btw, guess this is the final version unless we find someting during game Smile
cheers drunken Basketball Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DieHappy
Forums Moderator
DieHappy

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi B,
took a look on tomb, it looks realy good.
The portals and jumppads was a good idea and the swordsman model is amazing.
The pool in the middle is a realy hard trap, two or three times i fragged someone who didn't come out of it. I like it. jocolor

Chronosphere is a great map too, the map have a very good perfomance and the textures are great.
But i have a question : how to get the powerup in the middle ?

Edit : Found a little bug on Podt - at the secret door there are two overlapping brushes.

Last edited by DieHappy on Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:53 pm

teh middle floor shouldnt be mising m8, it was func_breakable, needs 5 shots to destroy it. if we have problem with that on server (on testing it works ok), I can change it. Smile
and thanks, glad U like tomb Smile, uppered a bit the water level btw Smile
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:53 pm

KubRox! Thx for the fast update - uploaded. Wink Cool map too, I especially like the flaming swords. Twisted Evil

@DH, I'd normally assume there's a problem with curl if you get black maps (ie not downloading anything) or perhaps a corrupt download. If something has been downloaded, simply removing it will often do the trick but in your case it's with evilspace, a default map. Maybe it points to another problem but if other maps are working it wouldn't hurt to rebuild evilspace.

PS. 'func_breakable' - Awesome idea - never seen that cheers Twisted Evil Unfortunately not supported in 2.4 Sad
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:52 pm

on steelspace v4 is func_breakable - U can get rid of two glass obstacles, I guess I didnt remove that Smile
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:55 pm

When we play on line are they there m99 ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Mapping   Nexuiz Mapping - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nexuiz Mapping
Page 14 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next