Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::: European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan .:::. Best Frags & Finest Movements since Jan. 2009 :::.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

new map "prophets city"

Go down 
+5
Thalan
Art
Banshee
lost
painless
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

new map "prophets city" Empty
PostSubject: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:39 pm

hello there m8s Very Happy

so i had an idea about a map and i already shared my idea to lost to see what he thinks about so now i know it's a cool idea well have to work together to make that
we have 4 mappers in here and all should help to do this map

so it's a city Smile called prophets city
each prophet member has his own building and he can choose it Smile lost has the major hall cuz he's the leader i choose the church and everybody can choose what he wants Very Happy
inside the buildings we will all have something that well kinda shows that it's our building a symbol something...
well the big thing is that we r gonna have to do even the inside of the building Smile which will be very hard (that's the reason it has to be made by more than one mapper)
we will put some grungy Smile street signs and every street will have our name like "LadyDoom street" Wink

so folks that's the idea i just hope u r gonna help
lost told me he's learning the 3d stuff i already have maya and i have an idea of how to use it so i'm not a mapper and now few stuff about it but i can help in making 3d objects and for textures and stuff

So if u agree and wanna help start working on how will the map look like Wink
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 9:16 pm

I think this is a decent idea, working together to make a fun map for everyone to vaporise on. drunken

As the man said, the 1st thing is to decide a theme & layout - everyone can help with that. Anything like an idea, sketch or examples from elsewhere & of course, what buildings & street names you'd like. Wink

I wouldn't particularly want a big/main building either, I wouldn't know what to fill it with... Rolling Eyes

Start brainstorming. bom drunken affraid
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com/
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 9:25 pm

nice idea Basketball
hmmm, didnt figure yet what it would look like but definitely I wouldnt want it to look like chronic or fragcity, thats for sure Smile
Back to top Go down
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 10:19 pm

It's a pity that I can't help you guys, all my tries with Radiant failed Sad sorry...
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 11:11 pm

no worries m8 Smile just tell us how U would like Ur street/room/building look like Wink

edit:

sorry for my drawing skillz in paint What a Face
new map "prophets city" City11

I thought it could look like that, where the "dots" are the rooms and red lines are the streets.
14 rooms, 14 streets. Marc of course is included Wink Twisted Evil
of course every room would have a different look, same goes for objects/textures on streets.
watchU think guyz n galz?
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:18 am

We have a new member m8. Wink

I was thinking of a Growl memorial tho, like a memorial statue, or maybe various scattered growlish mementos. Wink
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:39 am

holy shit, I missed that Embarassed ubelieveable... Neutral
well, in that case... how about that kinda : ?
I thought about whole room with Growlish mementos ^^]

new map "prophets city" City12
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:03 am

How about a more conventional layout?

Quick eg from google:

http://www.k2urbancorp.com/eveningrose/_img/towncenter_plan.jpg
Back to top Go down
Thalan

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:46 am

new map "prophets city" Growl
How about this one? You could make the streets, houses and grass, so you can easily run through the map. Maybe you should be able to camp on the houses Wink
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:49 am

lol
so what we need is a 15 street map
banshee had a nice idea with those signs Wink
why not choosing one even for the clan
i mean the sign of the streets together should even be the sign of our clan

to fill the buildings every1 should give an advice Smile i already have my ideas about my church
but first thing's first

it shouldn't look like darkcity or fragcity
dunno if we should put a sky background or put what banshee put on the map with the names in the air (i forgot the name...sry for that banshee Sad )

but it's a city so we shouldn't close it Wink but what we can do is put even a nice BIG HUGE door like a welcome door Smile "Welcome to Prophet City" and if u don't have ideas m8s well try sheriff department FBI or dunno whatever passes in your mind
my suggestions (NEWSPAPER thing, police department, supermarket , church , major hall, the place where the judge stays, normal house, hospital, sport place, gas place, restaurant, pizza, school Wink , )

so folks as lost said start streaming your mind Smile and help us with this PLEASE Smile
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:58 am

another thing Smile i just saw in the groups growl is not in there anymore Sad
but he will be in this map so a 16 street map Wink
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 3:14 am

Oki, looks like at least one Growlish memento is certainly gonna be included. Twisted Evil

The street layout forming a word is a neat idea. Our personalised buildings don't need to be constrained to street junctions & ends tho, they could be spread out more conventionally. Wink
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 3:26 am

so making a nice and mysterious name on the map Smile
growls name ?¿ Smile it's a nice idea
oki so we have our streets Smile
Back to top Go down
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 4:23 am

As for me it's no matter how my house will looks like but I will be happy to see Growl's house too. I can take police station, school, hospital or whatever you want Smile
Back to top Go down
zypresse
Forums Moderator
zypresse

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:07 am

i want a tree ! flower
Back to top Go down
-maniac|Su-
Side Admin
-maniac|Su-

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:12 am

why only one tree - we could have a lot of them - maybe a jungle map?
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:15 am

^^]
I suggested map based on pentagram cuz we could fast visit many places and except that - Ive never seen map based on pentagram, or I forgot if there is any Very Happy
but Im open for ideas, hell yea Smile
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:22 am

Trees? You're making them. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:51 am

Well, one question... are you going to make it suitalble for playing, or only like museum? Very Happy Coz as much map is better, bigger and more beautiful, as less it's good for game Razz
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 6:10 am

I sure hope it'll be playable. Smile

PS. Raab, Su, I thought trees would be hard. Not true, we could 'borrow' some: http://alientrap.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4106 Wink

PPS. Dang, they're 2d... Rolling Eyes pirat
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 6:38 am

Twisted Evil autumn in her flamy dress of orange brown leaves pirat
me sure too we can make a beautiful and playable map Smile
Back to top Go down
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 6:56 am

Well, I hope it won't be like with mausoleum Neutral
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 7:38 am

lost what do u use for 3d stuff?¿

i have an idea for trees Smile but folks i mean suse and zypresse why trees choose a building Wink
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 9:08 am

I'm just learning the basics of Blender, literally < 1 week. I've found some 3d trees should they be needed, no need to reinvent the wheel. Wink

http://yorik.orgfree.com/greenhouse.html

I'm honestly not sure if they'd affect performance tho...
Back to top Go down
Art
Inactiv Clan Member
Art

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:13 am

Wooooow, they are cool! you want to make such Detailaised map?! it will took ages to create! Poor Banish lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new map "prophets city"   new map "prophets city" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new map "prophets city"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next