Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::: European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan .:::. Best Frags & Finest Movements since Jan. 2009 :::.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

Nexuiz Minsta League

Go down 
+17
KRILL
KojaK
Mirio
Kringel
Ravage
evilsoul
od@r
vectoralpha
Lady Doom
-maniac|Su-
Thalan
Bommel
Banshee
N4t4s
lost
painless
Growl
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Thalan

Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:13 am

Aureilia wrote:
Oh I'll go back to the referee thing I can't play on 2.4.2 and expect to win any matches.

Either that or accept my skill as 0 because I'm gonna need it with no anti lag.

We gonna accept your skill as 0 and I gift you a 1 in front of the 0 Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:18 am

I changed that ^ I said it a bit harshly. and gave a reason why I feel skill levels are bad.
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:24 am

I totally agree with Feo.

Skill levels will result in one tough group and one "non-tough" group.
For me tournaments should be like a pyramide. the first games should sort out those ppl who aren't that good and in the finals u get the real good games to see.

When u put the best players(after your rating) together into the first fight u really ruin yourself the chance of a high class final

U had the idea with the a stream vid for the finals.

imagine:

first fight pat vs. feo
second fight a vs. b

final winner of first group vs. a noob. Who wants to see it?

Last edited by Growl on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thalan

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:26 am

It would be totally bad if the two best players meet in round one. So I have to let for example Pat face someone who isn't perfect, but still no "left small finger kill" or whatever and finally good people meet from half finals on. And those skill levels aren't used at the system only, trust me, I know how to organize such crap Smile

Regards, Thalan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:27 am

Thalan wrote:
It would be totally bad if the two best players meet in round one. So I have to let for example Pat face someone who isn't perfect, but still no "left small finger kill" or whatever and finally good people meet from half finals on. And those skill levels aren't used at the system only, trust me, I know how to organize such crap Smile

Regards, Thalan

That good person will get molested by pat no matter who he/she is Razz We might aswell get molested at random. Which I can't help feeling if that was the case the poor sacrificed soul has just been robbed a potential final spot.

Yeah I'd like to see a final with one of the following people:

Pat / Growl / Lost / Banshee / Lady / Modi / Sphost

Thats all the elite group in my eyes. Catagorize all them in the same group and only one emerges and the final ends up being some n00b getting owned vs whoever wins that group

I agree with Growl who agrees with me.

Can we vote on this? =) I want to see if the community really does work also Smile
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:35 am

Problem is someone has to fight pat^^

When will u publish the tourney-plan?

I decided to trust u in the things u are doing. My interest is mainly that we get a whole ligue and not to win the tourney.
So i want to see high class 1on1 and an epic final

What do you want to vote feo? We don't know how the groups will look like
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:55 am

When that person plays pat it shouldn't be because of a pre determined skill level.

The vote should be for Skill level based tournament or Drawn tournament. Sort of like where you pick names out of a hat.

I feel thats the best way to get the best final possible. even then you wont but it'll be a bit worse with the skill thing i feel since they will all knock each other out.
Back to top Go down
Mirio

Mirio

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:18 am

how do you know whos good and whos bad? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.bot-nexuiz.de.tl/

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:41 am

Most of us have been watched Shocked
Back to top Go down
evilsoul

evilsoul

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:41 pm

Mirio wrote:

Everyone has to rate their own skills. So when you want some easy fights, just put a "1" in there. i personally gave myself a "5-6" (slightly better than avarage) based on nothing!

Aureilia wrote:
Pat / Growl / Lost / Banshee / Lady / Modi / Sphost

Thats all the elite group in my eyes.

SinJin? Kringel? secm? bundy? x10? the list goes on ..

If Thalan sais hes experienced with such things we have no choice but to believe him.

@Thalan: Do you have old data from tournaments with a system like this? Something to look up how this thing will evolve ..

@Growl: If everyone would have his/her own mod, with all the things he/she likes and non of the things he/she doesn't like there wouldn't be a base for a league .. and this league should be our goal here! And the Nexuiz instagib mod-mod called minstagib has powerups!

@Ravage: if you dont like the powerups, let your opponent have them! Wink ..and theres still the option to leave .. i did because this tournament will be on 2.4.2 hosts, on wich my gameplay is arround 25% worser than on 2.5 hosts. wich still is worse!
Back to top Go down
KojaK

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:42 pm

You shouldn't be forgetting there's a lot of good players who have expressed there interest on the alientrap forums, who may not play much minsta, but have a lot of regular 1on1 practice and good aim, so i'd be a bit more wary Wink

Also, is it possible for fullbrightskins? some of the skins in nexuiz are terribly hard to see on maps for people including myself at times.
Back to top Go down
KojaK

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:04 pm

Growl wrote:
I totally agree with Feo.

Skill levels will result in one tough group and one "non-tough" group.
For me tournaments should be like a pyramide. the first games should sort out those ppl who aren't that good and in the finals u get the real good games to see.

When u put the best players(after your rating) together into the first fight u really ruin yourself the chance of a high class final

U had the idea with the a stream vid for the finals.

imagine:

first fight pat vs. feo
second fight a vs. b

final winner of first group vs. a noob. Who wants to see it?

That won't completely happen, if you had two people at skill rating of 10, one wins one loses, and then other people at a skill rating of 8, one wins one loses, you'll still get a fairly decent later games.

Having a skill rating is good because it means it allows some players to get the chance to advance further.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:11 pm

Sorry but your wrong. I've also heard about how good you are so your probably already thinking your in the final no matter what. Sorry I'm defending the people who are not going to be sure of anything.

Growl has it 100% right it's basic algebra to work it out.
Heat 1:

Growl vs Sphost

Modi vs Xone

Lost vs Banshee

Lady vs Feo

Pat vs Morfar

Heat 2:
n00b vs n00b

n00b vs n00b

The way this works no matter what happens the unfair nature of the competition allows someone with virtually 0 skill to get all the way to a final. Of course it may not be done like that but either way there will be a lot of people who go out who shouldn't be out. In all reality I should at least reach the final 12. With this system I doubt getting past day 1. I shouldn't be punished for being decent at a game.

Why should people lose in a skill system when they could easily be creating a great final?

On a unrelated topic. Halo has a skill system - It puts you against people apparently in your level. Whats wrong with this is it separates you from the wider community. It's a terrible idea because your being punished.

Overall the only ones who will love a skill system will be the ones confident they are awesome or ones not even playing. OR the inevitably brain dead. I'm sure we have some of those laying around on nexuiz Smile
Back to top Go down
evilsoul

evilsoul

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:56 pm

KojaK wrote:
Also, is it possible for fullbrightskins? some of the skins in nexuiz are terribly hard to see on maps for people including myself at times.

Asked that too, haven't read an answer yet ..

Aureilia wrote:
Sorry but your wrong.

Especially when they are based upon viewing only.

Upon viewing only? a Spy? from Razer? *gulp*

Well your both right and both wrong!

It depends on how high the skill level in general is!

If there are two 10's and the rest a bunch of 2's in Thalan's system there will be a final between a 10 and a 2.
If there are two 10's and the rest a bunch of 2's in a random system theres a high chance the there will be a final battle betwen the two 10's.

If the skill level is almost the same, there arent any significant differences between his and the system of "pulling a number out of an hat".

Thalan's system provides more fun for everyone!Of course it could result in a "boring" final.

But in both systems the best player will win!

What i like at his system is, that its totally noob friendly! This way new players can participate in a tournament, have fun and maybe they try harder and become better.
Otherwise they could literally get slapped and never ever touch a mouse again. With this noob friendly philosophy he fullfills an aspect that i always loved about Nexuiz: it's a nice game with nice ppl .. ever played Counter Strike online? *shudder*

For me its the first time i ever heard of such a system, so im curious to see what will happen.
Give him a chance! He could go to a warsow clan forum and offer them his connections to Razer! And we dont want that, don't we?

Sincerly yours.

Last edited by evilsoul on Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 3:01 pm

I also play Warsow Razz So honestly it has no impact on me.

However It'd be a dying shame for the final to be ruined. I just want this so called nexuiz "equality for everyone"

This isn't equality it's segregation, If players are bad thats not mine, pats, growls, sphosts, lady's, banshees or anyones fault. They certainly don't improve n00bing around with each other. n00b friendly is one thing, punishing the vets is wrong.

Oh and to quote

That won't completely happen, if you had two people at skill rating of 10, one wins one loses, and then other people at a skill rating of 8, one wins one loses, you'll still get a fairly decent later games.

So it will happen. I suppose thats confirmation.
Back to top Go down
Ravage

Ravage

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:50 pm

evilsoul wrote:

@Ravage: if you dont like the powerups, let your opponent have them! Wink ..and theres still the option to leave .. i did because this tournament will be on 2.4.2 hosts, on wich my gameplay is arround 25% worser than on 2.5 hosts. wich still is worse!

I do not choose the rules of the game but if they are unjust (for me), I will play too. I could lose at the beginning but I would not be ashamed. I think you should do the same.

I just put my feeling:
- PowerUPs are totally unfair 1vs1
- The distribution of players (which I just read here), [sorry] I never heard so stupid. [/sorry].
The majority of players know each other, so we can distribute them according to this method: good vs good - noob vs noob ??? Shocked . WTF is the noob or the good on minsta 1vs1 ? *lot of laugh*.
For an exciting tournament, each players have some luck. Evilsoul said good!
- +1 for fullbrightskins

I think that people are really scared about Pat. This is normal because he has all the chances to win. You have become chickens? rofl
Back to top Go down
Thalan

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:21 pm

Yes, there will be fullbright skins, orange standard skin.

Mirio wrote:

I know this after I've been specing almost all players which are better than "average" for many hours, with this and their own rating, I am able to give them a rating which is of course nor 100% objective, I also wrote some lines which they could do better, so I think this is a pretty "safe" system.

Evilsoul wrote:
@Thalan: Do you have old data from tournaments with a system like this? Something to look up how this thing will evolve ..

I will look for an old one, I do not have a link at the moment. But most of the time I have not been organizing the tournaments but I looked over the official's shoulder Wink

The system will include a hopfeully great finals and fun in the lower rounds, for the winner and the loser, that is always the goal in a good tournament.

The schedule will be published one day after registration ends, this will be maybe the 29th.

Regards, Thalan

P.S.: Sorry that I did not respond to your e-mails yet that i received them, I am going to answer them right now.
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:35 pm

evilsoul wrote:
What i like at his system is, that its totally noob friendly! This way new players can participate in a tournament, have fun and maybe they try harder and become better.
Otherwise they could literally get slapped and never ever touch a mouse again. With this noob friendly philosophy he fullfills an aspect that i always loved about Nexuiz: it's a nice game with nice ppl .. ever played Counter Strike online? *shudder*

Nicely put Cool
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com/
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:50 pm

Ravage wrote:

I think that people are really scared about Pat. This is normal because he has all the chances to win. You have become chickens? rofl

I don't think anyone is scared. Sooner or later you will have to challenge good players, no matter what kind of system is used.

It's just that: The low rounds aren't public. Just 1on1 + 1 Referee. If you kick out good players in the first round, it would be a shame that the whole community is excluded from seeing a good fight.
Later there will be spectators allowed and maybe viewing per stream offered.

Do you think it's interesting to look the finals, when the half of all good gamers already kicked out?

@evilsoul

And i don't want noob friendly tournaments.
A tournament is something where your skill lvl should decide how far you come...wtf do i want to challenge a noob? That's no fun at all and Razer won't be impressed if someone getting raped 30 to 5 in the final rounds oO

Noob friendly is ok, ingame at anytime but not when u are seriously gaming.

Yesterday we played in this constelation @ the PK-server

Lost, Kringel, Banshee, LD, Slatte, Xone, Ravage, Me, Feo, Tavi and later P@t.

What do u think new players felt like when laying with us? Do we have to slow down because we don't want to hurt someones feelings?
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:33 pm

ok options for choosing the one who will play vs pat Wink for first
1.Spohst
2.Feonika
3.Evilsoul
4.Painless Wink
5.PaT
6.Xone
7.who is X10?
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:34 pm

i mean has x10 another name ??
i heard he beated pat once hope he can remake it Wink
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:37 pm

painless wrote:
ok options for choosing the one who will play vs pat Wink for first
1.Spohst
2.Feonika
3.Evilsoul
4.Painless Wink
5.PaT
6.Xone
7.who is X10?

Pat vs. himself?

That's the way to beat him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ravage

Ravage

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:49 pm

Why we think the best match is in final ? Why do not vote matches recorded? If you want good players at the end, copy the system of qualification of football for exemple.

My exemple:
Pot 1 Pot 2 Pot 3 Pot 4
8 players 8 players8 players 8 players
In each pot, there are 4 players qualified after 7 matches (necessarily best's)

Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4
4 players 4 players4 players 4 players
In each group, there are 2 players qualified after 3 matches (necessarily best's)

Quarter-finals Semi-finals Final
Player1
Player2 Player1or2
vs
Player3 Player3or4
Player4 Player1234
vs
Player5 Player5678
Player6 PLayer5or6
vs
Player7 Player7or8
Player8
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:19 pm

no silly if he beats himself he still go on
so choose another Wink

and it could be a nice idea if we have a random choose thing but we have to be sure that the guy who makes the extraction doesn't lie and the best thing is to
put 32 tickets in a hat open the WEbcam and film everything so we know he doesn't lie or just choose one who u want Wink i don't wanna be the first victim Sad
so who makes the video????? lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Thalan

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:26 pm

Getting off-topic here, some people complained about that already, remember, painless? Wink Please get back to topic, the last one was the mappool, which looks like this here now:

• Soylent Space
  • Toxic
  • Basement
  • Evil Space
  • Skyway
  • Aggressor
  • Farewell (Laser Edit)
  • Warfare
  • Final Rage
  • Trans
  • Chronic
  • Dark City
  • Hands of God

Greetings, Thalan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nexuiz Minsta League
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next