Prophets - European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::: European Nexuiz & Xonotic Clan .:::. Best Frags & Finest Movements since Jan. 2009 :::.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

Nexuiz Minsta League

Go down 
+17
KRILL
KojaK
Mirio
Kringel
Ravage
evilsoul
od@r
vectoralpha
Lady Doom
-maniac|Su-
Thalan
Bommel
Banshee
N4t4s
lost
painless
Growl
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 8:40 am

E-mail send Wink

Can't wait for it
Back to top Go down
evilsoul

evilsoul

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:52 am

Will 2.5 be out until the 2nd of feb? i dont think so .. that means your running an ONLINE tournament WITHOUT a fully working ANTILAG! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ravage

Ravage

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 7:35 pm

Can someone make a poll locked by admin with all essencial information of Thalan, Question/Answer. subscribe etc
Please, It is unreadable!

I have a question
:
- What are the skills required to be a referee?
I have some suggestions:
- I think we should create a demo of each match, to prove that the game is not rigged (rec 32th_player1vsplayer2_demo for exemple).
- One thing intrigue me, is that a referee is part of a clan in tournament. Normally it should be neutral.
- 2.4.2+ is really necessary because *endofthelag*

Regards.
Ravage.
Back to top Go down
lost
Side Admin
lost

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:11 pm

If you're searching for the information he has provided directly, this is the easiest way to find it:
https://prophets.aforumfree.com/search.forum?search_author=Thalan&show_results=posts

I can copy&paste his posts into a new thread which you can subscribe to, but that'd rely on us updating it. Let me know if you feel that's important.
Back to top Go down
https://prophets.aforumfree.com/
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:13 pm

For me Referees in Clans are ok, but shouldn't rate the matches of there members...

Besides that i don't believe anyone would be rating unfair...i trust the community pirat

Last edited by Growl on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ravage

Ravage

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:14 pm

Okay thanks for the help. Idea
Edit for Growl: For me referee in a clan is not OK. Because a referee should be neutral!
Back to top Go down
N4t4s
Forums Moderator
N4t4s

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:39 pm

hm he COULD be not neutral

but for example the referees in football/soccer are members of a club too

and it works there too
Back to top Go down
Ravage

Ravage

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:45 pm

N4t4s wrote:
hm he COULD be not neutral

but for example the referees in football/soccer are members of a club too

and it works there too
I put an exemple of soccer tournament: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2008 .
For each game, the referee comes from an another country of the two teams.
Back to top Go down
Thalan

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:11 pm

Good morning,

Yes, every match is recorded and version 2.4.2 is used, but i wrote this already in this thread, didn't I? With the referees, I think it is no problem to use one of one of the player's clan if both agree, if not another ref can do it. A referee does not have to have any kind of skill, he just has to spectate one player or use free-fly mode, record the game and see if everything is running fine (right map, people are there at the right time etc.) and noone is playing unfair. He is allowed to disqualify players from the fournament if he has a good reson.

Regards, Thalan
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:19 pm

Question:

What is unfair gaming?
Back to top Go down
Thalan

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:21 pm

It should be better "unsportsmanlike", like insults etc. Hope you know what I mean.

Greetings, Thalan
Back to top Go down
Kringel
Inactiv Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:45 pm

For the maps: I want „handsofgod“ and „bluesky“ in the list! Both are small and good for 1vs1.

I am a bit sceptic about the 3-second-pause after a frag and the anti-camping thing.

1.) For anti spanfragging: I have my own solution on my Kringel-Server. There the players are highlighted for a short time after they spawn. If you kill them within this time you get no score. For a tournament it would be good if the spawning player also gets no score in that time (spawning behind someone is evil Smile ). I like it this way because there is no temporary god-mode after spawning and you can still shoot each other. I think somehow i could make a patch that can be used to put this modification to other 2.4.2 servers.

Oh, and i also have a modification of the invisibility powerup that should make it more cheat-safe. While a player has the powerup he is completly invisible and shows up randomly from time to time or when he shoots. This way it is not possible to hack the invisibility away in the client.

2.) Anti camping: Does it really work? What happens if the camper continues to move slightly? Is camp-protection really neccessary when spawnfragging is made impossible?

It would be nice to see the full configured league-servers before we start the tournament. We could discuss the features and make some changes if neccessary.

And why do i have to email my model and colors and cant change them? We really should all play with the same model and color to make it fair! (sv_defaultplayer_fbskin_orange 1 or something like that)
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 11:04 pm

Reading Kringel's post another question shows up:

Will u enable Powerups @ the servers`?

edit: why do we have to give u our adress, when only the winner will get a price?
Giving it to you, when the toruney is over would be early enough or not?

I don't like sharing information bout me...
Back to top Go down
Thalan

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:08 am

It is an easier way to check your identy, and that you are not a player who registered already to have two chances. It finally takes a little of the normal "internet anonymity" and makes it easier for me to have an overview. Your datas are completely safe and will never be sold, published or given to any third party, you will never get any unwanted mail or something in that direction.
Yes, powerups will be enabled, and invisibilty will be like it is on Kringel's server now. Shooting reload time will be 0.8 seconds and I have to think about the anti-spawnkill mod or how it should be done.

Greetings, Thalan
Back to top Go down
painless
Inactiv Clan Member
painless

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:15 am

honestly guys i don't understand nothing about this thread u put Wink u wrote a lot lol! lol! lol!
too much 4 me
Back to top Go down
evilsoul

evilsoul

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:10 am

Well if its 2.4.2 it would be nice if you erase my name from the list and open the slot up for s.o. else.

If your going to use 2.4.2, Razers possibility of sponsoring a league, if the level of gameplay is high enough is already negated.The difference is just too big!

@Growl: its MINSTAGIB not INSTAGIB!
Back to top Go down
Thalan

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:59 am

I have just finished the mappool, here you go:
  • Soylent Space
  • Toxic
  • Basement
  • Evil Space
  • Running Man
  • Aggressor
  • Farewell (Laser Edit)
  • Bluesky
  • Final Rage
  • Trans
  • Slimepit
  • Dark City
  • Hands of God

Feel free to suggest additions or removals with a good reason. Thank you.

Greetings, Thalan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:02 am

# Soylent Space
# Toxic
# Basement
# Evil Space
# Running Man
# Aggressor
# Farewell (Laser Edit)
# Bluesky
# Final Rage
# Trans
# Slimepit
# Dark City
# Hands of God

Personally I\'d remove Slimepit, Basement, Toxic and Running Man and replace them with real maps such as Fragcity, Chronic, Evilmminsta - The big version and Death_Box - Can\'t cheap your way through it 1 v 1 Smile

Slimepit is a horrible map with ubber graphics it lags many people due to that, I can\'t help having an old pc. Basement is just way too small even 1 v 1 you always get lined up when you spawn, Toxic is huge amounts of squares, people tend to abuse the top area of it making it absolutely no fun at all, Running Man is just a terrible map with so many hiding places, Camping may be prevented but running around in an isolated area would be too easy on this map.

Also a special request for the PB map Telefrag

Last edited by Aureilia on Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Banshee
Side Admin
Banshee

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:03 am

I;d like to ask to change dark city to skyway - skyway is smaller and thanks to that- faster Smile
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:29 am

I agree with Banshee, pls put Skyway in its great for 1on1.

Also a good map is Warfare, tested it 1on1 with Lost some minutes ago and we had a great game(no camping/spawnkilling)

Which map i don't like 1on1 is bluesky.
It's too easy to hold the upper ring(not the sky isle) and keep shooting @ everythig that wants to get up....

Basement, isn't my favorite map too...very small and u get many shots in the back Suspect

We should play at least one open-area map like fragcity, silvercits or evil-minsta...its no problem with a nexgun to make quick kills there.
And i can get around 15 frags/minute @ fragcity...thats like every other map
Back to top Go down
Bommel

Bommel

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 4:00 am

Still NO to fragcity Smile Suspect
But I definetely wont say no to silvercity or evilminsta...
And also no to bluesky - same opinion as Growl.
Back to top Go down
Ravage

Ravage

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:30 am

NO POWER UP!!!!!!
evilminsta, fragcity and silvercity is too big
Back to top Go down
evilsoul

evilsoul

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:54 am

Ravage wrote:
NO POWER UP!!!!!!

evilsoul wrote:
@Growl: its MINSTAGIB not INSTAGIB!
Back to top Go down
Growl
Side Admin
Growl

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:09 am

minstagib means only modded insta...

with 10 ammo o already modded it.

And you will agree that the powerups in minsta are extreme powerfull in 1on1.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:10 am

Oh I'll go back to the referee thing I can't play on 2.4.2 and expect to win any matches.

Not with the ridiculous skill level i've been given.

Skill levels - I've noticed they become grossly misused and pretty much hurt anyone who is good. Skill levels are a punishment. or so it seems. Just how I see it. I think it should all be done at random. if some n00b ends up playing pat then eh tough luck.

Why should I not be able to play the newest person to the game because I'm better? Should I not be able to play against a black person because I'm white?

Suppose you kinda see what I mean. It's just much easier and less complex and doesn't make sure most the good people lose if we do it like a random draw. I don't see why Pat should be punished playing against people his own skill level. I don't see why I should or anyone else Razz

The random draw will ensure you end up with the right two in the final. The skill level system wont do that.

Last edited by Aureilia on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Minsta League   Nexuiz Minsta League - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nexuiz Minsta League
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next